Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my motherboard and CPU. CPU is a 7750 Black Edition and the motherboard is a 740G Click Here. Now my concern is.. I just realized the motherboard supports HT1.0 (1000Mhz). The 7750 is 3600Mhz. Will the motherboard hold the CPU back? I feel so dumb.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Most probably yes.

Don't know if it will be incredibly noticeable though.

Edit: Is going to be way faster than your current build in your sig anyway

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daney
View Post

Most probably yes.

Don't know if it will be incredibly noticeable though.

Edit: Is going to be way faster than your current build in your sig anyway

Yeah. I just read on another forum that there is no real life advantage to the different HT speeds. It depends on the Processor. But I really hope it's not a big noticeable difference because I will cut my G1s phone bill for 2 weeks to get a new motherboard.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Dale
View Post

Can't you just return the board you ordered? As long as you didn't open it I don't see a problem with them taking it back.

This.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daney
View Post

This.

Yeah But another things is, the board has PCIe x16. The card I'm getting is 2.0. Also like I said about the CPU HT. I'm just gonna keep it how it is.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by PRO-AMERICA View Post
I think you'll be fine. Welcome to AMD!
Thank You! I've always favored most AMD CPUs and certain Intel ones. Iuno. Like if someone says a E6400, I wouldn't want it. But if it was a E6420 or something named like that I would. I'm weird... Same for Graphics Cards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts