Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I am stressing my Q6600 to see if it is stable at 450x8 (3.6GHz 1800FSB) with ITB and later tomorrow I am going to do Prime 95 and then prime 95 blend for memory.

I don't remember the exact voltages I have going through it right and I will get back to you guys on it. But what do you think?

I will have a validation up here soon.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1426573

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Is 450 very high then? My Q6600 g0 ran 2 years at exactly the same fsb and ratio.
That was on a Gigabyte P35 DS3R.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
450 is rather high I think for any one air. But then again IDK. I know Q6600s are known for bad ass overclocks and I have always struggled to hit 450 FSB anyways.

I think I will try higher eventually.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't have a P45 board either.... nforce chips are not exactly know for the crazy overclocking abilities. Besides, UD3Rs and UD3Ps are epic little bastard boards. I think later on this week I am going to go low multi and see if I can hit close to 2000FSB (500). Then maybe go for higher from there. Although I think I am already pushing my luck here. I need to make sure my voltages are okay.

·
Premium Member
7,175 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Xeb
View Post

You don't have a P45 board either.... nforce chips are not exactly know for the crazy overclocking abilities. Besides, UD3Rs and UD3Ps are epic little bastard boards. I think later on this week I am going to go low multi and see if I can hit close to 2000FSB.

Good luck with that, hey when your done...would you mind um...trading me boards lol

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Awesome. The UD3P should be able go to even further if you up your cooling. Apparently they can push over 500FSB on quads.
Bodes well for me though, if I can push 450 on my USB3P, I'll be able to hit 4GHz at stock multiplier.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by [Adz]
View Post

Awesome. The UD3P should be able go to even further if you up your cooling. Apparently they can push over 500FSB on quads.
Bodes well for me though, if I can push 450 on my USB3P, I'll be able to hit 4GHz at stock multiplier.

To do that just raise your MCH and CPU term and that should get you there. Don't forget to set your CPU voltage up as well. <.< When I go on runs like these I usually stay at around 1.5-1.52v CPUz. I need better cooling though e-e I want some water but Mr. Piggy is feeling a little tired.

• Rep+
Reactions: [Adz]

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
20/50 ITB runs with max ram and still going.

·
Premium Member
18,210 Posts
I always ran my q6600 at 450x8 extra bandwith seemed worth it even if it needed alittle more vcore.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had to shut down my computer because I am going to bed but it was at 25 passes and I think that is worthy enough. Tomorrow it will get some prime.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Oh, since I was on XS for that other UD3 (vs p5q) thread, I found this and thought it might be inspirational to you:

GET WATER!!!

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
;_; if only I had the money for water then i would.... Hell I would even watter cool my 5770s XD

And 1.42v? That guy must have some crazy ass chip!!!!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Save up, or sell a kidney and/or your first born child. It'll be worth it

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
right now I have more pressing things to save for XD

·
Premium Member
18,210 Posts
my q6600 did 450x8 at 1.30 vcore but anything past 3.6ghz needed large bumps of vcore.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This i know very well... To get 3.8 I need at least 1.5225-1.54v.... Maybe a little more with this new bard because the voltages are not what they use to be D:....

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ciloteille View Post
Well you can only overclock the core for sooo long at/or above the edge, before you need to go hunting for a new cpu due to degrade/death. Sit at a lower v the 3.6 to 3.8 is little to be noticed. ANd temps are way lower. that high 1.50+v range says liquid cooling all over it. ;o
Meh. Don't have the money for it. Although I think I may need a new quad here soon anyways. I am spying a Q9650.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts