Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by noshibby
View Post

so what, look how much more crap there is for xp....

That has been fixed? Its 6 years old bud, Vista isn't a year old, XP is rock solid in comparison.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hmm... I don't use IE either... and I don't think I will be upgrading to Vista until I go to college... *cough*2010*cough*

·
Banned
5,638 Posts
nothing is secure in the OS business. If you reversed the situation where apple has a bigger market share,we will be discussing how secure Microsoft over apple. Its just preference for the virus creators on who has the biggest market share

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sladesurfer
View Post

nothing is secure in the OS business. If you reversed the situation where apple has a bigger market share,we will be discussing how secure Microsoft over apple. Its just preference for the virus creators on who has the biggest market share

So very True

·
Banned
10,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi
View Post

Really, do you think any application is flawless on its first release....

Well when its touted as being lots more secure than XP, and here theyre already finding problems, I'd say maybe Vista isnt all its cracked up to be.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike
View Post

Well when its touted as being lots more secure than XP, and here theyre already finding problems, I'd say maybe Vista isnt all its cracked up to be.

...it is more secure than xp by far...have you used it yet?

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike
View Post

More secure than XP was when IT came out...lol

·
Banned
5,638 Posts
Vista is gonna be targeted more cause its microsoft's most expensive OS to date and they're advertising it to be more secure than the previous OS.If im the hacker i will be like "more secure? lets see about that"

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by idunnowutimdoin
View Post

Even if there isn't a single hole, I'm sure someone will drill one somewhere.

Well, most hackers are guys, and we guys can be rather stubborn and bullish. Like trying to fit that square shape into the triangle cut-out (common', you all know you've done it
).

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Quote:

On Dec. 15, a Russian programmer posted a description of a flaw that makes it possible to increase a user’s privileges on all of the company’s recent operating systems, including Vista. And over the weekend a Silicon Valley computer security firm said it had notified Microsoft that it had also found that flaw, as well as five other vulnerabilities, including one serious error in the software code underlying the company’s new Internet Explorer 7 browser.

DON'T USE IE7
WHAT DOES EVERYONE TELL YOU!!:swearing:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi
View Post

Vista will be the most secure popular OS ever. Not at launch though.

its so true!!!

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
I don't know about most secure......they keep bragging about how many more lines of code Vista has, we all know it's freaking huge. The bigger it is, the more code, the more errors and conflicts can occur and the more holes can be opened. And anything a person can code, another person (hacker) can break....it's been shown time and time again. So whenever they come out and say "This is unhackable", or "This is the most secure to date." I just
and wait for the hackers to accept their challenge (because that's what statements like those are to those people, challenges.) and crack the uncrackable.

I'm sure it will be just as secure as XP, eventually though.........and this is why I don't buy software at launch. Cause it's overpriced and flawed with tons of bugs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts