Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was stupid enough to buy an Intel mobo. I will admit, they are very nice and reliable, but they don't OC.

I want a quality mobo that supports DDR2, PCIe (SLI is a plus but not necessary), it needs to be 775. I definately want it to support dual core processors for a future upgrade. I think I will wait for the 975 chipset to before more available.

I really like this one:
http://www.asus.com/products3.aspx?l...e=Intel%20975X

but it only supports ATI crossfire.

I am a NVidia guy

·
Power Squid
9,609 Posts
According to Adas and from the reviews I've seen, the new 975X chipset also supports SLi but as yet it requires hacked drivers as Nvidia don't officially support it.

·
Power Squid
9,609 Posts
That board's even got it's own wind tunnels!

I plan on getting the 975X, so long as SLi ends up being given the all clear from Nvidia. From the revies/benchmarks I've seen the 975X is SLi capable at hardware level. I guess it just needs Nvidia to incorporate the chipset into it's graphics drivers or something to that effect.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also hear that Intel will allow OCing in the BIOS of it's 975X mobos. Thats something to consider. Maybe intel is trying to start apealing to performance users with its mobos?

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kindredice

this gigabyte i975x looks yummy

Can you give me a link for that? I don't see it on Gigabyte's website.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

I was stupid enough to buy an Intel mobo. I will admit, they are very nice and reliable, but they don't OC.

I want a quality mobo that supports DDR2, PCIe (SLI is a plus but not necessary), it needs to be 775. I definately want it to support dual core processors for a future upgrade. I think I will wait for the 975 chipset to before more available.

I really like this one:
http://www.asus.com/products3.aspx?l...e=Intel%20975X

but it only supports ATI crossfire.

I am a NVidia guy

If SLI is not a must then why not go for Asus P5WD2 Premium
I hear it's a great mobo and it overclocks very nicely as well.

·
Need moar megahertz
852 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

Can you give me a link for that? I don't see it on Gigabyte's website.

Its not out yet tho,you can check a preview here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts