Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
9,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel bad because this processor is capable of doing things I'm incapable of allowing it to do.

With that in mind I moved the no box set up down on the floor next to the AC duct and turned the AC on. I also placed a cardboard box over the entire set up, how much that helped is really unknown, but I tried everything

1.4124 VID limiter on the 4.2 GHz clock

1.4124 VID limiter on the 4.3 GHz clock

4.4 GHz required a bit more voltage, I was able to do about half a test a 1.43 VID however the slight increase in voltage coupled with the extra clock speed shot the temps up too high for me, by mid point it had hit 62C about the same time it hit 62C it crashed. I don't know if it wasn't enough volts, or if temps just got the best of it. However I do know that was my limit with my Zalman, until I can get an upgraded cooler this is the best I can do.

Sorry for the few of you who might care, I wish I could have shown more of what AMD can do, but atlas at this time I'm just incapable of doing so.

·
Banned
9,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ty Hy3RiD, I thought it was moderately impressive for an old duo core cooler >.>

I'll try for 4.7, then I'll work on benching it at 4.4 for a bit.

Edit: I've been up for awhile

·
Banned
9,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, it absolutely hated 333 frequency.

First time coming in without clocking up the fsb @ 4Ghz it locked up on the desktop before anything loaded.

Also dropped shorty after hitting 100% on all four cores @ 4.4Ghz even clocked up to 397Mhz.

I think my computer is hinting at "crap ram son".

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BallaTheFeared View Post
Wow, it absolutely hated 333 frequency.

First time coming in without clocking up the fsb @ 4Ghz it locked up on the desktop before anything loaded.

Also dropped shorty after hitting 100% on all four cores @ 4.4Ghz even clocked up to 397Mhz.

I think my computer is hinting at "crap ram son".
Put the ram on a divider if you have to. I'd love to see some gaming benchmarks with an overclocked cpu-nb and hypertransport after reading what Anandtech found out about Thubans. I'm sure the same holds true for the quads.
"the gains made by overclocking the CPU-NB seemed too good to be true, 3.2 GHz CPU / 2.8 GHz CPU-NB combo surpassing 4.0 GHz CPU / 2.0 GHz CPU-NB combo. We ran the benchmark over 10 times on both ASRock’s 890FX Deluxe 4 and the ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 and the trend was the same, CPU-NB overclocking benefiting the game as much as, if not more than, the CPU core overclocking ."
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3877/a...ance-scaling/7

·
Banned
9,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Slower ram speeds only hurt it, when I dropped it down it crashed loading into windows.

It seems the higher I try to clock it the more ram speed it wants.

·
Banned
9,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol I can hear the side fans from outside the cardboard box, baby girl is getting hot in there!

Sadly while bring up the topic of spending $200 on a water cooling system I made the mistake of saying "The best air coolers are around $70" at which point it was finalized that I should just get the best air cooler

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
for some reason most amd's i have found like an 18 or 18.5 multi

good job guys great work

1 - 16 of 16 Posts