Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, this is the club for people who have voided there warrenty, in regards to my post "Been speaking to AMD Customer Support" and someone suggested that there should be a Void Warrenty Club for some laughs.

Please use the form sheet's that I have provided to sign up
biggrin.gif

What you waiting for? Post away!
biggrin.gif

Google Docs ===============================

Please fill in this form: Submit form sheet (Google Docs)

Void Warranty Club (Google Docs)

Signature Code =============================

PHP:
[B][URL=http://www.overclock.net/general-processor-discussions/960735-unoffical-i-voided-my-warranty-club.html][IMG alt="thumb.gif"]http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/thumb.gif[/IMG] I Voided My Warranty Club [IMG alt="thumb.gif"]http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/thumb.gif[/IMG][/URL][/B]
Member]https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Amflkk8ple7fdGFfdkhXWHJLYk54V01oSW1PS3YtVXc&w=75&h=300]Member List[/URL]

Anyone can join
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdatmo;12665896
Does an after market cooler on a EVGA card count? Not sure if it voids the warranty or not. Also, its warranty, not warrenty.
Warranty*** Corrected topic name
cheers.gif

And I'm not sure, Iv'e never owned a EVGA card
thinking.gif

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
In with every mouse I've ever opened, a 470 I modded to fit a modded swiftech mcw-60 onto (widened the screw holes with a drill and used the 775 hold-down-plate from my apogee GTZ, cut down a bit and modded, to fit it on
thumb.gif
), my DS lite, PS3 (warranty sticker still intact though
biggrin.gif
) and a creative zen vision media player. There's probably a lot more where that came from if you count the stuff that's dead
tongue.gif
... Like my p5e, I miss him
frown.gif

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-IRL;12665962
In with every mouse I've ever opened, a 470 I modded to fit a modded swiftech mcw-60 onto (widened the screw holes with a drill and used the 775 hold-down-plate from my apogee GTZ, cut down a bit and modded, to fit it on
thumb.gif
), my DS lite, PS3 (warranty sticker still intact though
biggrin.gif
) and a creative zen vision media player. There's probably a lot more where that came from if you count the stuff that's dead
tongue.gif
... Like my p5e, I miss him
frown.gif
lol, best way to remove warrenty sticker's is blowing them with a hot hair dryer and very slowly peeling them off with a tweezer or something
biggrin.gif

Worked for me with my Xbox360
tongue.gif
Warrenty was still accepted when I sent it back

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomfix;12665975
lol, best way to remove warrenty sticker's is blowing them with a hot hair dryer and very slowly peeling them off with a tweezer or something
biggrin.gif

Worked for me with my Xbox360
tongue.gif
Warrenty was still accepted when I sent it back
tumblr_l16fe8QjGE1qa9armo1_500.jpg

• Rep+
Reactions: EoL RiNzleR

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Quote:

Worked for me with my Xbox360 Warrenty was still accepted when I sent it back
That's the one
wink.gif
You wouldn't even know it'd been opened
biggrin.gif

I also just remembered my HX1000's warranty is void due to an LED with fairly thin wiring that shorted out and (the wiring) melted a gouge into the 24 pin ATX connector
wheee.gif
it's okay though because it still runs perfectly and it didn't go the whole way through the cable braiding and wire casing
smile.gif

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure how you can void warrenty's on CPU's unless you break, damage a pin, lapp it or give AMD your serial number which I was stupid enough to do
frown.gif

No CPU maker can tell if the CPU has been overclocked

·
Master of Black Snow
19,342 Posts
In with my PSU and my 955 BE both Warranties busted within 3 months of ownership. My CPU within the 2nd week.
cool.gif

Corsair HX850w
eek.gif

2010-08-0221-38-12875.jpg

AMD 955BE
tongue.gif

2010-06-1802-01-29796.jpg
2010-06-1810-55-57125.jpg

~Ceadder:drink:

·
Registered
553 Posts
In with almost everything I ever owned. Dell Inspiron B130 Laptop (pin mod overclock & undervolt, new thermal paste. Sony Ericsson cellphone flashing and driver mods, LG TV with flashing and USB hack, tuned truck, opened almost all my house appliances, razer mouse overclock, 1.7 volts through cpu, opened many PSU's, GPU overvolting & overclocking. You name it I've done it LOL. I think I have no valid warranties.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Marvin_;12666815
In with almost everything I ever owned. Dell Inspiron B130 Laptop (pin mod overclock & undervolt, new thermal paste. Sony Ericsson cellphone flashing and driver mods, LG TV with flashing and USB hack, tuned truck, opened almost all my house appliances, razer mouse overclock, 1.7 volts through cpu, opened many PSU's, GPU overvolting & overclocking. You name it I've done it LOL. I think I have no valid warranties.
trololololol!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdatmo;12665896
Does an after market cooler on a EVGA card count? Not sure if it voids the warranty or not. Also, its warranty, not warrenty.
i'm pretty sure you did.. i think its only XFX that offers that its okay if you put an aftermarket cooler as long as you can put it back into original state if you happened to mess it and use it warranty

·
Registered
553 Posts
Custom sound system, bungeed HDDs, mobo cross flashing, opened up camera to clean the lenses (that did not go well), dropping/scratching different devices, party tricks with the microwave oven, dropped a spoon in my meat grinder, unplugging video projectors without letting them cool down, used bathroom scale to weigh a steel beam (broke it LOL), did not connect washing machine as requested in the manual, etc.

Can I join?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomfix;12666132
Not sure how you can void warrenty's on CPU's unless you break, damage a pin, lapp it or give AMD your serial number which I was stupid enough to do
frown.gif

No CPU maker can tell if the CPU has been overclocked
AMD accepts CPUs that have less than 5 damaged pins.

Warranties I have voided:

5870(Lol, getting it back soon from RMA)
CPU(Overclocking)
Soon my power supply(sleeving)

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostintyme;12667721
AMD accepts CPUs that have less than 5 damaged pins.

Warranties I have voided:

5870(Lol, getting it back soon from RMA)
CPU(Overclocking)
Soon my power supply(sleeving)
Great
biggrin.gif
lol I hate scan.co.uk though because they will send it back directly to AMD, and my warranty is void with AMD because I have provided them with my serial number :mad: argh

·
Registered
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomfix;12667737
Great
biggrin.gif
lol I hate scan.co.uk though because they will send it back directly to AMD, and my warranty is void with AMD because I have provided them with my serial number :mad: argh
why does providing your serial void your warrenty

1 - 20 of 238 Posts