Overclock.net banner
221 - 238 of 238 Posts

·
Master of Black Snow
19,342 Posts
Busted 2 more warranties this month. Modding my Swiftech GPU heatsinks. Busted the moment my Backsaw scratched their surfaces.
cool.gif

~Ceadder
smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't like voiding warranties, one of the most things I care about when I buy is the customer service quality. Though there were bunch of cases where I said "screw them"

One of which is my MSI GT780DXR, warranty sticker broken out of box. Then they gave me a new warranty sticker because they were using bad cheap stickers that breaks during shipping.

The second time I broke the sticker was because of the thermal paste evaporated over time and my i7 2630QM temps reached 100c, and I was told the procedure would take weeks to repaste, REPASTE!

*click* *click* *click* Ordered IC Diamond 7 through amazon, screw them, I'll do it myself.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you check all my staff for stickers you will find two kinds
1:
WARRANTY VOI

and 2:
D IF SEAL IS BROKEN

Does this count?
thinking.gif

·
Registered
568 Posts
i have a bad habbit of taking warranty sticker off. even if i'm not taking it apart. Like my gpu it looks so much cleaner now after paint etc (PCS+ 290X OC)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im thincking off puting a waterblock on my 290 hacking it to 290x if possible over clocking it and removing the stickers from the backplate.

If voided my warrenty 4 times on 1 gpu.

I have like 15 voided warenties only in my pc.

·
Master of Black Snow
19,342 Posts
It may not be voided if you don't alter anything but the card. Simply pulling off the stock cooler doesn't apply these days. Unless you throw the cooler away. Which I would not recommend.
smile.gif

~Ceadder
smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

·
Registered
240 Posts
Woah just noticed this club. What did I void my warranty? Too much stuff that I can't fill the docs on first post
biggrin.gif

First thing I void my warranty which I believe is Radeon 9600 XT with resistor voltmod. Runs faster than 9700 Pro
thumb.gif

I delidded before it was cool, delidded Sempron 2500+ Palermo back then, a HUGE overclocker from 1.4GHz to 2.5GHz without voltage increase is amazing!
Every single soundcard I have is modded, SMD opamp replaced with better parts, mostly LM4562 or LME49720, from old SB Live! 5.1 to X-Fi XtremeMusic and even XF-i Surround USB. For soundcard with swappable opamp I also read datasheet and replaced resistors surrounding it to make it sounds better, with the mandatory better capacitor to boot
tongue.gif

Modded laptop with holes to direct cool air to the fan, replaced SMD crystal oscillator to overclock the CPU/GPU, forcing the fan to run at full speed by putting direct wire to USB 5V, remove unneeded stuff like optical drive and some metal parts to lightened laptop. It turns flabby and the SMD oscillator kills the laptop:eek:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdatmo View Post

Does an after market cooler on a EVGA card count? Not sure if it voids the warranty or not. Also, its warranty, not warrenty.
EVGA lets you do anything you want to the card short of dipping it in 7UP and they still cover you.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Scotty1 View Post

Replying to a post from 2011
biggrin.gif
The information is still relevant
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Scotty1 View Post

As an owner of an EVGA card I can totally agree
smile.gif
my GPU history is all EVGA, except the very first, which was ZOTAC
biggrin.gif
If there is a single component manufacturer that has your back 100%, it's EVGA. Let's hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Reality View Post

I have to give major props to the one who spraypainted their motherboard
eek.gif
I'd be all "Um, not gonna spray something on my board that might mess it up!"
I'm not sure if motherboard sprayers need helmets 24/7 to avoid hurting themselves or if we should be commending them for their gigantic balls.

·
Master of Black Snow
19,342 Posts
The latter of course.
thumb.gif

Cause really it only takes a few old parts slipped into every opening to block off from overspray.
biggrin.gif

~Ceadder
smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

221 - 238 of 238 Posts