Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 238 Posts

·
Master of Black Snow
19,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooder11181;12708324
many years ago....

i bought asus x1300pro 256mb (600mhz/1ghz?)
the stock cooler in the end went to trash because it was loud and i add revoltec Graphic Freezer Pro to have a quite cooling
No offense but does that even give the warranty a tickle?
mellowsmiley.gif

I mean you can still collect on the warranty if you replace the HS back to its stock design. You really threw it in the Trash? I feel this overwhelming urge to pull a "Naughy naughy" and do the ole shame shame gesture with my fingers.

Just for future reference busting your warranty means that you cannot no matter what you do put it back the way it came. Throwing out the supplied cooler really shouldn't count cause we're OCN we have access to tons of members with tons of spare parts layin around. One well timed email can mean the difference to you bought it you eat it and don't know what you folks are talkin bout Mate.
cool.gif

I agree that yours is busted but I'm on the fence with just how busted it really is.
biggrin.gif

~Ceadder:drink:

·
Registered
452 Posts
The 3rd Reich, and the over-clock gestapo, Haven't sent out the secret police, I'll dig a hole in back yard and hide my pc in it. Hope that doesn't void the warranty, they might try and nail me on ground moisture corroding contacts. The Fuhrer will have all over-clockers executed on site, had to hid the pc some where.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Wait, I saw them creeping through my back yard with metal detectors, and shovels, I gotta go, I think there after me.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Marvin_;12666876
Custom sound system, bungeed HDDs, mobo cross flashing, opened up camera to clean the lenses (that did not go well), dropping/scratching different devices, party tricks with the microwave oven, dropped a spoon in my meat grinder, unplugging video projectors without letting them cool down, used bathroom scale to weigh a steel beam (broke it LOL), did not connect washing machine as requested in the manual, etc.

Can I join?
Whatidonteven

·
Just hangin' out
1,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdatmo;12665896
Does an after market cooler on a EVGA card count? Not sure if it voids the warranty or not. Also, its warranty, not warrenty.
No, as long as you return the card to factory condition (put the stock cooler back on) before RMA.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman;12710300
No offense but does that even give the warranty a tickle?
mellowsmiley.gif

I mean you can still collect on the warranty if you replace the HS back to its stock design. You really threw it in the Trash? I feel this overwhelming urge to pull a "Naughy naughy" and do the ole shame shame gesture with my fingers.

Just for future reference busting your warranty means that you cannot no matter what you do put it back the way it came. Throwing out the supplied cooler really shouldn't count cause we're OCN we have access to tons of members with tons of spare parts layin around. One well timed email can mean the difference to you bought it you eat it and don't know what you folks are talkin bout Mate.
cool.gif

I agree that yours is busted but I'm on the fence with just how busted it really is.
biggrin.gif

try to buy one and hear how loud it is

on the 8500gt i keep the passive cooler but add vf900 for overclock
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/gfm9w/

·
Master of Black Snow
19,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooder11181;12715292
try to buy one and hear how loud it is

on the 8500gt i keep the passive cooler but add vf900 for overclock
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/gfm9w/
mellowsmiley.gif
I'm not sure you got the gist of my post. I have a noisy card. It's not as noisy, but I wasn't even taking issue with replacing the cooler. Soon as I go h2o I'll be replacing mine.

Nope, my point was that a warranty isn't busted if you don't do anything that cannot be undone.

For example, I cannot put the coating back onto my CPU. AMD would NEVER warranty it because it doesn't have it's digital code intact and unaltered. Same with my PSU after I sleeved it. Cracked the case open and ripped the sticker doing it.

Now what MAY make his a busted warranty is that he says he threw the cooler away. Cannot come back from that unless someone else comes to his rescue by lending him their cooler so he can get the RMA done.
wink.gif

This is all I was saying.
cool.gif

*Submitted*
sneaky.gif

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
I voided my warranty on my Lycosa, lol; I did an LED power mod where I bridged two resistors so I could make the backlighting brighter.

I believe it raises the voltage from 3.7v to 4.7v. Probably killing my LEDs but this keyboard is probably going to die before those LEDs burn out.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by alancsalt;12738255
[Unofficial] in a thread title is not necessary. (Just in case you thought it was.)

Unofficial threads
Thanks
thumb.gif
Reading that is highly confuseing, I don't know if he is saying not to use or to use it....
confused.gif

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by overclocker23578;12738340
Can I haz? I ram my CPU at 1.55v for about a month before I descoverd I was killing it!
All on the first OP Post
biggrin.gif

·
Crazy
698 Posts
Quote:
Can I haz? I ram my CPU at 1.55v for about a month before I descoverd I was killing it!
lol my friend has a i7 950 and has the voltage on it up at 1.59v cuz windows wouldn't let it boot at 1.6v rofl... although his system is stable at 4.9 Ghz.

As for voiding warranty, lol I have a 3 year old dell pc that had extended warranty until next year and I said what ever, it has never had any problems. So I upgraded my graphics and sold my old card. THEN a week after, the mobo somehow managed to blow a capacitor. Don't ask me how, but it did. And I had voided the warranty because of that graphics card. Needless to say, I was upset.

41 - 60 of 238 Posts