Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i have a budget of 650 euros, and i want to buy a processor, graphics card, memory and motherboard. I will be overclocking my cpu, and my gpu. Looking for suggestions!
The site that i will be buying from is this, you probably won't understand anything:
http://www.pcberza.rs/komponente/

I was buying this:
CPU: Intel i5 2500k 190e
MOBO: Asus p67 SABERTOOTH 160e
VGA: Gainward GTX570 1280 GS 240e
RAM: 8gb of Kingston HyperX 1600mhz 40e

Suggestions?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Isn't Ivy bridge out in a couple of months? (theyre faster and cost the same as sandy?)

and latest rumors about next nvidia cards are, that theyre out in march or something.

imo, wait a couple of months, if that is possible

OR

wait till theyre out, then buy what you have listed, coz they will get a price drop, no doubt
smile.gif

Im personally upgrading to a new PC (from my old 920 i7) to ivy bridge
i was pretty close at upgrading last summer.. but didnt.
biggrin.gif

so far, i havnt had any problems running new games etc wth this cpu (and my 560-Ti gfx card)

Edit:

i know its pretty obvious, that you should wait, and maybe you havnt got a pc now etc. but i think, if you wanna get a "future proof" pc, that you should. Its not a long wait.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by wint0nic View Post

Replace that 570 with either a 7970 or gtx 580 with 3gb of ram. All I can think of for now.
LoL, i don't have the kind of money to buy an graphics card like that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nioxic View Post

Isn't Ivy bridge out in a couple of months? (theyre faster and cost the same as sandy?)
and latest rumors about next nvidia cards are, that theyre out in march or something.
imo, wait a couple of months, if that is possible
OR
wait till theyre out, then buy what you have listed, coz they will get a price drop, no doubt
smile.gif

Im personally upgrading to a new PC (from my old 920 i7) to ivy bridge
i was pretty close at upgrading last summer.. but didnt.
biggrin.gif

so far, i havnt had any problems running new games etc wth this cpu (and my 560-Ti gfx card)
Yea i will probably do that, wait it out a little bit. Tnx!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice guys, but as stated above i don't have that kind of money now to buy those graphics card, nor will i have it in the year to come, so gtx570 is the way to go, or maybe the new generation Kepler cards.

·
More Cores!
1,299 Posts
GTX560ti 448c would be a good idea imo. Overclocking potential on those is beast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts