Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive had my 3.4 prescott 650 at 3.8Ghz for a while now, but the problem is that i want it to be higher. i guess i could go to 4 or 4.2 on stock vcore, but what vcore should i use?

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>spektrum</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">well ive had my 3.4 prescott 650 at 3.8Ghz for a while now, but the problem is that i want it to be higher. i guess i could go to 4 or 4.2 on stock vcore, but what vcore should i use?</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>How are your temps right now and is the vcore 1.3875 currently?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
kinda answered your own question didn't you? Or do you mean to make it more stable?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Unless I'm missing something, all of the 650 series P4s (as listed <a href="http://processorfinder.intel.com/List.aspx?ProcFam=483&sSpec=&OrdCode=" target="_blank">here</a>) have a max reccomended temp of ~67 degrees C. Why would you limit it to 50 degrees C born2killU?<br />
<br />
Again, I don't know much about OCing P4s (I'm a Core 2 Duo kinda guy myself).. but i was just curious.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
50C isnt a limit as such, but those 65c guidlines are supposed to be for stock voltage<br />
<br />
more voltage=more heat=more possiblilty of damaging gateways=dead cpu

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
My old 650 did 4.0ghz easy on air with stock volts. I tried to push it to 4.20ghz but the HSF was not helping and I never tested it with a Tuniq Tower 120 but it did for sure 4.0ghz with ease. <br />
<br />
I'd say give it a shot at 236x17 and it should work, don't change the Vcore though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts