Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running my PS3 client, also running the Fermi client for my desktop, and the ATI client for my laptop.

Now can I put my same username and passkey in and use all 3 at once?

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Passkeys only really work for SMP clients, they buggy for GPU clients and the PS3 doesnt support them.

You can use them all at once by folding under your name, unless your doing SMP which gets you bonus points you wont be needing a passkey my friend

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! Thanks guys! I really want to do this. I had cancer this year, and have 2 very rare genetic syndromes and doing this just feels "right". My goal is to be one of the members on the top of our teams list as soon as possible.

I've got this Fermi card which is supposed to be like the best folding platform out, and I want to push it to the max. My laptop which is in my sig should do a decent job too I hope. I know the PS3 is great at folding too.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm I downloaded the ATI gpu client and have the lastest mobility drivers but for some reason when I start the client it says its not supported :/ Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
46,119 Posts
Try adding the "-forcegpu ati_r700" flag. It should work.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome guys! Works perfect!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Just a word of caution - be very careful with your SXPS 16. I used to own a 1640 with Core 2 Duo and HD4670, and that thing got HOT. I had to undervolt the CPU by a huge amount to keep the temps in check.

Use GPU-Z or some other utility to monitor the temps on your 5730 while folding. I would say make sure it stays under 80C at all times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts