Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my system spec below. my temp is good. idles below 40(doesnt go below 40 because of the sensors) but load temp rises up to 48 with prime small fft with a hour load.

my bios setting

Multipler 9.5
FSB 427
Str 266 (default 333)
Ram speed 1071

CPU V = 1.325 in windows 1.304
LLC ON
NB V = 1.25
Cpu Pll v = 1.5
FSB Termination V = minimum... I can't remeber what it is
all the voltages are lowest except cpu. Ram is 1.98 with memtest 8 hours no error

what are the ideal settings for my motherboard and cpu to reach 4.2ghz+?

·
Banned
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried 9.5 * 445

vcore to 1.368 (bios 1.38x)

still can't get it stable. does FSB termination voltage help with overclock? and how much should I raise it to?

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistargill
View Post

I tried 9.5 * 445

vcore to 1.368 (bios 1.38x)

still can't get it stable. does FSB termination voltage help with overclock? and how much should I raise it to?

Absolutely it does. When you increase the FSB you will have to increase the NB voltage.

Try this for a 445 FSB OC:

CPU V = 1.3625
LLC: Disable (45nm chips are sensitive to voltage spikes which vdroop is used to protect them from)
NB V= 1.35v
Cpu Pll= 1.52v
FSB Termination= 1.28v

·
Banned
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by br3nd064
View Post

You said your NB voltage was on auto? Try raising that to 1.3 or 1.35.

its not auto. the lowest possible 1.25

I don't know if there is a solution.. my NB seems to run warmer than my CPU. but around 1.3~1.4 is safe area?

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I don't know if there is a solution.. my NB seems to run warmer than my CPU. but around 1.3~1.4 is safe area?

Yes the NB can handle much more voltage. I would recommend anyone on air/stock cooling to run safely up to 1.45v - 1.51v. Please see the link in my sig below for ASUS P5E/Maximus/Rampage Formula OCing info.

·
Banned
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericeod
View Post

Absolutely it does. When you increase the FSB you will have to increase the NB voltage.

Try this for a 445 FSB OC:

CPU V = 1.3625
LLC: Disable (45nm chips are sensitive to voltage spikes which vdroop is used to protect them from)
NB V= 1.35v
Cpu Pll= 1.52v
FSB Termination= 1.28v

I'm so confused about the LLC. I would think that cpu will raise the voltage under load and decrease in idle. its really hard for me to find a stable voltage without LLC enabled.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistargill View Post
I'm so confused about the LLC. I would think that cpu will raise the voltage under load and decrease in idle. its really hard for me to find a stable voltage without LLC enabled.
I keep it enabled, no problems so far since Jan '09 when I built the computer....use it if it makes you stable. My load / idle voltage stays the same no matter what. CPU-z always reads 1.360v.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Yes, it clearly is safe area, and you should give it a try.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.