Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cool it pure that I swaped out the stock 60 cfm fan for a 133 cfm ultra Kaze fan for.
and I think now what is holding me back is that the pump is a low flow pump
these is kit is only 1/4 line tubing, and I want to put in a pump that I can use later on,
can I put in like a 3/8" pump with sme kind of inlind reducer to go from like a 3/8" pump so my current 1/4 water bock and 1/4" radiator will work?
if so what ones do you guys recommend?

Thanks
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,046 Posts
its probably the radiator thats holding you back... i recommend getting both, so you can add a second rad yet increase flow. a Laing DDC3.2(AKA Swiftech MCP355) with aftermarket top will allow you to use 1/4" fittings, for rad i would add a swiftech MRC120 or 220, depending on the amount of room you've got
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by ChielScape
View Post

its probably the radiator thats holding you back... i recommend getting both, so you can add a second rad yet increase flow. a Laing DDC3.2(AKA Swiftech MCP355) with aftermarket top will allow you to use 1/4" fittings, for rad i would add a swiftech MRC120 or 220, depending on the amount of room you've got

cool thats exactly what iwasthinking!

rep added!

the radiator does not get hot at all is that normal?

thats why i think its that the pump does not flow the water fast enough to get the radiator heat soaked
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by ChielScape
View Post

depends on where you touch the radiator i bet... try touching the tanks, the fins (carefully), but not the side, that doesnt touch any water.

anywhere lol it was pretty warm when i had the 80cfm fan but after i put the 133 it is not really that hot any more

even if i touch the inlet part of the radiator, maybe this radiator is bad at heat transfer idk
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,046 Posts
nah, if it isnt much hotter than the metal of your case then the rad is doing fine... still, gettin another one will allow you to bump up the voltage to around 1.6 or so... i got mine on 1.65 and have temps at 45C load, but i got to admit my rad is freaking huge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by ChielScape
View Post

nah, if it isnt much hotter than the metal of your case then the rad is doing fine... still, gettin another one will allow you to bump up the voltage to around 1.6 or so... i got mine on 1.65 and have temps at 45C load, but i got to admit my rad is freaking huge.

im on the Q6600 i thoguht the max (safe) voltage was 1.55
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,337 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ApexVIII
View Post

im on the Q6600 i thoguht the max (safe) voltage was 1.55

65nm quads are tough. 1.65v is fine with adequate cooling, but above that I'd start to worry if the chip isn't cooled by DICE, LN2 or a nice slushbox...
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top