Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have FOXCONN A7DA 3.0 and picture
smile.gif

I'm using X3 450 and everything's OK. But now I want to upgrade my CPU to X6 10xx (like 1055T or 1090). My friends said it's impossible because my mainboard uses an old chipset.

I have a question: Can I upgrade my CPU and it's stable?

My system is under sign
tongue.gif

·
Registered
399 Posts
Im thinking it will, says it supports phenom ii x6 or "Supports socket AM3 processors with HyperTransport™ 3.0 interface
Designed to support the latest AMD Phenom™ II processors " which the 1055t is HyperTransport 3.0

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ubba View Post

Im thinking it will, says it supports phenom ii x6 or "Supports socket AM3 processors with HyperTransport™ 3.0 interface
Designed to support the latest AMD Phenom™ II processors " which the 1055t is HyperTransport 3.0
How about phase for CPU
biggrin.gif
Is it enough ?

·
Watercooled Railgun
4,630 Posts
Well, according to this thread, that mobo has not been proved to be a failure for high TDP processors. 4+1 phases are not bad as long as the chokes and MOSFETS are quality ones, and the heatsink sure helps. The chipset is able to support hexacore CPU's with ease. I have read a bit about this mobo, and Foxconn heavily advises to update the BIOS since the old ones aren't good in regulating voltage.

I would advise not overclocking on that motherboard though. 4+1 phases, even when they're good and heatsinked, are not enough for overclocking.

• Rep+
Reactions: nqh2508

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Actually, it has. There has been one recorded failure on this board in January, on a lower voltage (<1.4V) Phenom II x4 overclock. A weak 4+1 phase known for failure should be avoided for use with 125W Phenom II x6. Cooling doesn't necessarily prevent failure in all cases, VRM capacity may be an issue. I think the low demand might explain the lack of extra failure incidents to be found.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post

Actually, it has. There has been one recorded failure on this board in January, on a lower voltage (<1.4V) Phenom II x4 overclock. A weak 4+1 phase known for failure should be avoided for use with 125W Phenom II x6. Cooling doesn't necessarily prevent failure in all cases, VRM capacity may be an issue. I think the low demand might explain the lack of extra failure incidents to be found.
If I use in df, is it OK?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bav182 View Post

Is the 95w 1055t still availible for sale??
Not in my country
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
The 95w x6 would be a great option in my opinion, although unless you are doing cad or some other core heavy programming, I would go with the 960t (also 95w and unlocked). One more thing you should do is remove the sinks and check that they are making contact with the vrm's and chipsets. I read somewhere that foxconn boards have been found to have poor or no contact with the sinks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts