Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was offered a CM 690 with Side Window plus LED fan for $85 dollars, and was wanting to know if I should get the case, or should I just spend the few extra dollars and buy an Antec 900?

I really like the 900 and I've never seen the 690 in person, but it looks really good as well.

What should I do?

The Cm 690 with window for $85 from my friend is a good deal I just haven't went to see it and I don't know if it's worth it compared to the 900.

So should I get it?

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
The cases are too similar to say one is better than the other. Just go with whichever one you think looks better.

Personally, I'd pick the CM690.

·
Read Only
5,227 Posts
how used is it? If it's brand new, go for it. Cm690's rule.

If it's well used, you could pick up a brand new one or grab an antec 900 for not much more.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's used but it's in excellent condition.

I really like it more. I'm starting to love it. It seems to have more places for fans.
I would like to move the bottom fan to the drive bay and face it towards my RAM.

It's in good condition, but I also love the Antec.

·
Nobody
6,466 Posts
The 690 is a great case really, and easily modded so if it is in good condition as you say then yea, I'd say go for it.

·
Premium Member
6,503 Posts
cm 690 is a great case. you can tell by the vast numbers of people who got it here on OCN (check out my club thread). i have not personally used the antec 900 so i cant say anything about it. but ive heard good things about it. all personal preference imo. depends what kind of look you like. or what you look for in a case. i like the rotated hdd bays in the cm 690. better cable management imo. tons of space behind the mobo tray to hide cables.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts