Overclock.net banner

I went to Nvidia products page to check out the new RTX 4xxx GPUs

2288 19
Seems like Nvidia has some new products releasing in the next few weeks.I am not particularly interested in all the products, although I am sure some will like the new prices.

For those to lazy to go to the Nvidia site I took a screenshot.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Overclocker
5,593 Posts
Like the new prices? I'm not to sure and even doubt that most people will like the prices. I sure don't.
I think that was a hidden dig at the one dude who posted that he bought a 4090 at that insane price.
I could be wrong. But in either case there are people out there not very happy at all. And, even thought they prefer the 4000 series are willing to at least wait to see what AMD offers. I cannot say they will buy AMD if it's either cheaper, faster or just cheaper. But they are at least willing to wait 1st this time.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I think that was a hidden dig at the one dude who posted that he bought a 4090 at that insane price.
I could be wrong. But in either case there are people out there not very happy at all. And, even thought they prefer the 4000 series are willing to at least wait to see what AMD offers. I cannot say they will buy AMD if it's either cheaper, faster or just cheaper. But they are at least willing to wait 1st this time.
I have seen a decent amount of people, who aren't extremely tech-savvy like the users on here, say they are going to wait to buy a video card and see what's up. I hope AMD undercuts nvidia at every corner. They need to gain mindshare before they can worry about serious marketshare in the GPU market. They did it with ryzen and look where it is now.

·
Foxtrot Uniform
206 Posts
I paid around 1800 for a new 3090 FTW3 card last year direct from EVGA. I will get a 4090 for less than what I paid for the 3090 and it will perform better. Why are so many in shock at the price considering inflation. I don't get it.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,849 Posts
Seems like Nvidia has some new products releasing in the next few weeks.I am not particularly interested in all the products, although I am sure some will like the new prices.

For those to lazy to go to the Nvidia site I took a screenshot.
That's pretty "slick'.

• Rep+
Reactions: gerardfraser

·
Registered
851 Posts
They made a total mint off the miners but didn't have the capability for the volatility in fluctuations of stock, causing EVGA to leave. Now holding onto every dime in a last ditch effort.
Using untold wasted mining resources, frauding the owners every generation atrocious loss trying to sell the parts at the end of the season.
Their days are numbered. Intel please spend up and make a single integrated cpu/gpu die with it's own PCB on DDR7, the first pc play/work station.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They made a total mint off the miners but didn't have the capability for the volatility in fluctuations of stock, causing EVGA to leave. Now holding onto every dime in a last ditch effort.
Using untold wasted mining resources, frauding the owners every generation atrocious loss trying to sell the parts at the end of the season.
Their days are numbered. Intel please spend up and make a single integrated cpu/gpu die with it's own PCB on DDR7, the first pc play/work station.
Dude Nvidia hurt your feeling and now you want Intel to save you.That is not normal but I am just some stranger on the internet,you be you..Check the screenshot I posted in #1.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I paid around 1800 for a new 3090 FTW3 card last year direct from EVGA. I will get a 4090 for less than what I paid for the 3090 and it will perform better. Why are so many in shock at the price considering inflation. I don't get it.
People will gripe endlessly about GPU pricing. Then they will go out and buy a new Iphone 14 Pro 1 TB for $1500 to take better pictures of their food with.

Just consider a 4090 a luxury item and don't buy it if you can't spare the cash.

·
Expert pin bender
3,029 Posts
Stop looking to a specific company as a savior in anything except, the crucifixion of your wallet. Intel has a whole warehouse full of their own scams and bad doings. AMD isn't going to be a white knight either. They all want to suck you dry like an aids infested vampire. They occasionally throw a tastier carrot(Apple if you prefer) on the end of a stick hoping you forget the last time you woke up with a sore back end. Sometimes, they even offer some lube to ease your pain. Normally though it's just lots of rough burning friction until your wallet is empty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AMD at last produces CPU and GPU!
Intel should produce both.
Nvidia has success! is on top but not for longer.
I hope that people remember what Nvidia did and should do a better choice in the future!

·
Registered
7 Posts
People tend to forget easy...

let's put some nice numbers on a table, card, transistor count , msrp
GTX 680 - 3.54B - 499
GTX 780 - 7.1B - 649
GTX 980 - 5.2B - 549
GTX 1080 - 7.2B - 699
RTX 2080 - 13.6 - 699
RTX 3080 - 28.3 - 699
RTX 4080 - 45.9 - 1199

The 71% price hike from prev gen for the 4080 has nothing to do with inflation...
That's pure 2022 capitalism greed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts