Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hm... the local place fixed my temp problems. from 45-50 idle to 37-40 and from 60C load to 53 load! yay

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles

hm... the local place fixed my temp problems. from 45-50 idle to 37-40 and from 60C load to 53 load! yay

Good to hear that. What did they do??

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Probably just BIOS update
And they probably charged $65 for it
Man I hate those places...

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

Good to hear that. What did they do??

dunno. but they covered it under warranty so maybe they put some As5 on it or somethin? or maybe reattached the h/s properly. most likely the h/s was on wrong or something. i dont wanna pull it off and check to see if the thermal pad is on there still or what they did. but they removed the hardcano also. and left a few fans unpluged.... in fact, all the fans. oh... maybe thats it cuz the cpu fan ran faster on the mobo than on the temp display so they prob changed it to that

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
lol, they just reapplied the thermal paste and updated bios. maybe put a better fan on it.... ha yeah right. and that visit probly cost 80$ right?

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

lol, they just reapplied the thermal paste and updated bios. maybe put a better fan on it.... ha yeah right. and that visit probly cost 80$ right?

no it was free cuz it was under warranty. i just got it last friday... and it was already overheating. if they tried to charge me i would kill them. and then steal all of their good stuff like another raptor and maybe some as5. they have about 100 of the tubes in a basket. sooo tempted to steal some every time i go in there. $50/hr or $70/hr rush labor = b/s

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles

no it was free cuz it was under warranty. i just got it last friday... and it was already overheating. if they tried to charge me i would kill them. and then steal all of their good stuff like another raptor and maybe some as5. they have about 100 of the tubes in a basket. sooo tempted to steal some every time i go in there. $50/hr or $70/hr rush labor = b/s

Don't steal.. the government hates competition. haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts