Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
cool beans man!!! im still stuck at 3.74...
ill get there some day... i swear!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to be honest with you....i think ifyou let it burn in a get used to the speed for a month or so, you can then try it again....i couldnt do this last time but it did it now..

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
ya ive been running at this speed for about a month... i just think my mobo is lacking a few options and im definately lacking so good cooling

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
load has not reached higher the 46C that is while running prime95. BUT prime95 wont run for more then 5 minutes...i played CoD2 and CS and it seems fine.. only thing i did notice is that my FPS went down dramatically in CoD2...it went from about 25-30 down to 7-15...im not sure what happened but will lower clock again to test...

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
If Prime doesn't run well.... (I'm very sorry to say) you might as well just say bye to the 4.0 Ghz club. BUT, play with RAM timings (Loosen) and voltage to see if it'll hold. I hope it goes well, bro!

Lower it to 3.8~3.9-ish and see if Prime will run.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea im back to 3.8...its stable here i have tested it....the 4.0 wont run prime but everything seems fine....most likely memory issues...my memory timing cannot be loosened otherwise the ram just wont work....i never got a succesful boot before though on 4.0 and for it to work the way it did im confident its good....ill keep it at 3.8 for normal use though...no need for 4.0

byebye 4.0 club

·
Premium Member
23,134 Posts
Your FSB of 267 and RAm speed of 213 is exactly what I am running--I can run Prime 95 fine--same CPU same Mobo--what's up? Are you coolinf the chipset and RAm at all? Your temps are lower than mine under full load so that couldn't be the issue--are your voltages stable and sufficient? Like you said no need for 4.0--it's just good to know how to get there--but 3.8 from a 3.0 is the whole idea of OCing anyway--getting premium performance from your equipment! Good job!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the only cooling i have is the Big Typhoon....the only thing i do is keep the cover off. i have noticed the temp drop about 5-10C idle and load...other then that nothing crazy....the voltages are good but like i said i dont really want to mess with it that much...it took me a bit of constant restarting and configuring to get it where it is now and i just want to keep it like that....i might in the near future try and keep it at 4.0 once i get a bored....thanks

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
like others have said, nice OC. 4GHz is insane, and if it lowered your performance in games... then I guess 3.8 is better for you anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Don't feel bad. Very very few make 4GHz on those chipsets. Yes, there have been a few but not many. I have played with the i865/i875 for a few years with almost all iterations (except P4 3.4C) and have never made it stable. I've made 4GHz more than a few times but never prime95 dual stable. for more than eight minutes and often less than a few minutes.

It took me to the i925xe (and the P4 630) before I achieved a stable 4.0GHz system. What I am talking about is on air cooling. There have been those on water and more extreme cooling that have made the transition.

R

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Namrac

like others have said, nice OC. 4GHz is insane, and if it lowered your performance in games... then I guess 3.8 is better for you anyway.

its weird because it only happened in CoD2...but that games squeezes everything out of my video card as it is...thanks again

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Yup, a 9600 would have trouble handling CoD2...

Do you have it in Dx9 or Dx7 mode? Direct X 7 mode runs much smoother in CoD2, there are a couple bugs that lower framerate in Dx9.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
welcome to the club mate.... to tell u the truth that proc and the mobo combination is really good...i say if u do enough tweaking to stabilize the system and cool the north and south bridges u will be able to handle 4.0 no problems....

on my p5p800 i removed all hs, cleaned them and reapplied as5 everywhere...it gave me cool temps and oc close to urs...temps were only a maximum of 40's but take into account it was in the tropics with ambient temps of 28 to 32°C....

but good job mate

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Namrac

Yup, a 9600 would have trouble handling CoD2...

Do you have it in Dx9 or Dx7 mode? Direct X 7 mode runs much smoother in CoD2, there are a couple bugs that lower framerate in Dx9.

no its def on direct x7...its back to normal...im not sure if it was the extra speed of the processor but i dought it because i tried disabling the HT to see if my frame rates would go up before the 4.0 overclock and same thing happened.....but now its runnign fine again...i had to do some reasearch on the card and all its options and it seems i have found the best settings..i must say the card handles it very good....i have AA on 4x, i play on 1280x1024, and all other setting are pretty much on high....except the smoke and i get around 30fps on average....its not bad for 100 dollar card...

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gig

Nice OC!! I cant wait till i can hit 4.0.

Notice that his motherboard is a 775 form factor cpu sink vs a socket 478. There are many 4.0+ Ghz air jobbies on 775's. Also note that his chip is a 6xx series which many make 4.2+ GHz whilst on the 775 form factor.

It's a totally different thing. To easily get to a 4.0+Ghz (on air) you will probably have to move to 775.

R

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ropey

Notice that his motherboard is a 775 form factor cpu sink vs a socket 478. There are many 4.0+ Ghz air jobbies on 775's. Also note that his chip is a 6xx series which many make 4.2+ GHz whilst on the 775 form factor.

It's a totally different thing. To easily get to a 4.0+Ghz (on air) you will probably have to move to 775.

R

i have a 478socket...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts