Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fan has just fail,and i want to buy a good fan and i don't have the money right now is it safe to play games with the cpu on passive cooling from the hyper 212+ radiator ?
After 10 min of prime 95 the temps reached 81 degrees
coretempscr.jpg

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Well, those chips wont run that hot when you game normally, but it is above the comfort zone definitely, so I would get a fan ASAP. You can help the temps by providing better cable management in your case and better airflow towards the 212 plus wherever possible.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I don't know how hot I3 540s get but just keep an eye out on the temperatures. Don't do anything intensive until you get a fan.

edit: Actually, if anything...if you have a 120mm case fan, put it on your heatsink instead of your case.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Better safe than sorry on this one, get a fan, or cable tie a temporary case fan onto the heat sink for the time being

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
If your case has any kind of fan just stick one on, I mean anything because even a little airflow should be enough for such a low power chip.

I get better temps than that running LinX at 4.4GHz and my chip is on 1.5V.

If you don't have anything, try underclocking to 2.8GHz or something until you get a fan, that or just plow ahead on the stock settings because that's what I'd do if I'm being honest.
tongue.gif

Edit: Just realised that that's after prime, it's probably fine if it stays below 70 for everyday use which I believe it should.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The temps are with stock settings,I won't play any game until i get a fan
Thx a lot guys for the help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts