Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where should i start, i am ready to start trying to overclock this i5 10600k & msi z590 A pro.

Rig in the sig.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bumpskies.

I havent overclocked since 2014. And this board is newest tech? I dont know where to begin.

Anyone?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
add voltage, increase multi, reboot. You say you havent OC'd since 2014... bro, **** hasent changed that much since then. its still rather simple. These arent the 486 days where people actually had to read manuals to set jumpers in correct locations and various other BS. You got this, now go do it

• Rep+
Reactions: HITTI

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
add voltage, increase multi, reboot. You say you havent OC'd since 2014... bro, **** hasent changed that much since then. its still rather simple. These arent the 486 days where people actually had to read manuals to set jumpers in correct locations and various other BS. You got this, now go do it
Avx voltage? I read thats new.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Avx voltage? I read thats new.
AVX voltage means just that, when a cpu starts doing AVX work it will use that vcore.
If your looking for a complete guide for your mobo i'm sure google will find you something to help.

If you have a more specific question on a setting or what software to use just ask.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Where should i start, i am ready to start trying to overclock this i5 10600k & msi z590 A pro.

Rig in the sig.
I guess you did start by asking a question :D

So IMHO you really dont need to OC your cpu at all today. They do boost pretty good stock (depending on your mobo and the bios its using) Maybe the first thing to do would be run something like afterburner with RTSS overlay to watch your cpu core speeds while in game. With today's cpu's i think its more about optimizing your system to suit your needs/wants.

I would say some of your best gains will be from tuning your system memory. Getting the total latency as low as possible is probably going to give you the smoothest experience in most games. Some games might befit from a faster ring speed others might be more core speed limited and some might be both. Older games and indi games (non AAA) will probably benefit from more core speed. but most newer games are limited by architecture or floating point performance. ie they use more cores and are not as reliant on single core performance.

But all games are at least to some point probably going to be latency sensitive. but the reality is that might not matter either. depending on the game and the graphic setting your using the gpu will probably be the limit and tuning your cpu might not have any effect at all. So taking the time to dig in and find out where the limits are at with your game you play most might be the first thing to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts