Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really contemplating picking one up. Closest one is about 100 miles away - might be able to make a trip out of it. But is there any catch here??

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
No catch just MC is ridiculous. Id see if you could get an OCNer to ship it to ya.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Gotta love MC's CPU prices..
biggrin.gif

Just picked up a 3770K for $230 a few days ago.

BTW, that 2500K is an OEM CPU.. So will probably come in just a brown box with no HeatSink.

·
Premium Member
10,885 Posts
Probably just clearing stock. It's a great deal - I'd try to grab one. Although a 3770K for $100 more is tasty also.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, went ahead and pulled the trigger. Gonna cost me waay more than $139.99. Made a deal with the wife that if we go she gets to shop at Lulumon ! ouch ! I might as well pickup a motherboard and just upgrade my stuff in sig rig.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ep45-ds3l View Post

Gotta love MC's CPU prices..
biggrin.gif

Just picked up a 3770K for $230 a few days ago.

BTW, that 2500K is an OEM CPU.. So will probably come in just a brown box with no HeatSink.
who cares, get an el-cheapo hyper t4

·
Banned
12,731 Posts
Well, the closest MC to me only has 3 Intel CPU's in stock ... 3570K for $189.99, 3770K for $229.99, and 3225 for $119.99.

The other MC in my area does have a lot more Intel CPU's in stock, including the 2500K for $139.99

Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz LGA 1155 Processor - OEM

One thing to remember on this price though, it's the OEM version, so there is NO heatsink/fan included. Not a big deal for most people, but you will need something, even if it's just another $25 after market (and better) unit.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Why not just price match @ NCIX or Tiger?

Unless they no longer do that.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvillan View Post

Why not just price match @ NCIX or Tiger?

Unless they no longer do that.
I doubt they ever priced matched with MC.

MicroCenter loses money on CPU sales but it's a loss-leader. You have to come into the store and end up probably buying other things (I always do!).

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post

MicroCenter loses money on CPU sales but it's a loss-leader. You have to come into the store and end up probably buying other things (I always do!).
Ncix price matched both my 2500k and 3570k to mc price.

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post

So hear this, I firmly believe there's a correlation between sales on cases, then motherboards at my local store, knowing full well that the rest of the rig(s) will need to follow...

·
Banned
12,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperTeamTango View Post

So hear this, I firmly believe there's a correlation between sales on cases, then motherboards at my local store, knowing full well that the rest of the rig(s) will need to follow...
Well, depending on the special they are running, they also usually have a deal on CPU/Motherboard combos that gives you another $50 off on the pair.

Looks like right now they have 3 motherboard/CPU combos going ... All Asus MB's, and with the FX-processor or i3 3225 or i5 3570K processors.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/e055b2fc#/e055b2fc/4

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its gonna go under water in my sig rig - just need a good board. I think I have the right back plate (somewhere in my pile) for the water block.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaz View Post

Really contemplating picking one up. Closest one is about 100 miles away - might be able to make a trip out of it. But is there any catch here??
Gosh that is a nice price... it pisses me off we have no Microcenter around here...i would consider driving a few hours to one if there was one near where i live..unfortunately i do not think there is.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
No one mentioned this, that OEM 2500k is only 1yr warranty. They have been outta stock at my microcenter for a couple months.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts