Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Figured it was about time I OC'ed this CPU to get a little more life out my system. I opted to try the EasyTune utility from Gigabyte, and did their middle OC, which cranks it up to 4.2Ghz. My current core voltage during Prime95 is 1.044v. My CPU sits at the high 50s temp wise, and I have run both iterations of the Prime95 stress test for 20 minutes with no issues. Does everything seem kosher to you guys? I would rather not fiddle with the manual method and not worried about chasing the last bit of performance.

·
WaterCooler & Overclocker
2,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post

Hi guys,

Figured it was about time I OC'ed this CPU to get a little more life out my system. I opted to try the EasyTune utility from Gigabyte, and did their middle OC, which cranks it up to 4.2Ghz. My current core voltage during Prime95 is 1.044v. My CPU sits at the high 50s temp wise, and I have run both iterations of the Prime95 stress test for 20 minutes with no issues. Does everything seem kosher to you guys? I would rather not fiddle with the manual method and not worried about chasing the last bit of performance.

Yeah you should be good to go. The automatic over clocking programs usually put a little extra vcore than necessary, but yours is very conservative and temps are great. As long as you don't blue screen when gaming you are set.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefooter View Post

Yeah you should be good to go. The automatic over clocking programs usually put a little extra vcore than necessary, but yours is very conservative and temps are great. As long as you don't blue screen when gaming you are set.
thumb.gif
That's great to hear, thanks!

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
That's the best I've ever seen easytune done an autoOC without any high voltages.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts