Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to know, what do you think about these temperatures, I think they are high. I have 2500k with default settings(no OC), at idle the temperatures are 35-36C and at full load 55-56C. I already checked the cooler, everything looks okay to me, the thermal paste look fine too. My cooler is Noctua NH-12UP SE2.

Tell me what do you think, please.

Edit: now - http://i56.tinypic.com/2yklvs1.jpg

Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, auto. Now I tried to overclock, VCore 1.375 at 4.5Ghz, running Prime95 right now for 15 minutes, temps are "jumping" between 72-77, but what is really weird - Core0# has always better temperature than other three cores, for example:

Core#0=71C
Core#1=74C
Core#2=75C
Core#3=73C

confused.gif

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i mean those things can run hot..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axon14;12019682
Definitely warm. You may have to break it down and see what's what; it could be mounted wrong. I'd manually set a voltage first.
I am 100% sure the heatsink and cooler is mounted fine. I took it off, everything look fine. I also tried to tighting screws up as far as It can go. Maybe it just need some time to settle down......

This is how it look right now:
http://i56.tinypic.com/2yklvs1.jpg

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have another problem. When I OC my CPU, and then turn off the PC, the PC wont start, turn off, then I have to start it again and I am getting Overclocking failed message. I am not 100% sure but I did everything like in OC tutorials here and on other sites. Dont know what can cause this.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pauliesss
View Post

I have another problem. When I OC my CPU, and then turn off the PC, the PC wont start, turn off, then I have to start it again and I am getting Overclocking failed message. I am not 100% sure but I did everything like in OC tutorials here and on other sites. Dont know what can cause this.

Try upping your PLL voltage a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts