Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i kinda ran across a guy who was trying to sell his i5 processor for about $150~ and its a 2500k and this is what he listed

"i5 2500k ; 3,30ghz ; 6mb cache ; LGA1155 ; 95W"

for $150 legit yes or no?

and I'm a noob stuck on dual core lol and so far i haven't found anything cheaper....should i grab this?

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
If its used then yea that sounds legit.

·
Jack-of-all-trades
1,755 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by minivancan
View Post

So i kinda ran across a guy who was trying to sell his i5 processor for about $150~ and its a 2500k and this is what he listed

"i5 2500k ; 3,30ghz ; 6mb cache ; LGA1155 ; 95W"

for $150 legit yes or no?

and I'm a noob stuck on dual core lol and so far i haven't found anything cheaper....should i grab this?

Kinda sounds legit, a brand new 2500k at microcenter costs $180.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lazi punk
View Post

should be good, just look at the cpu to see if it has i5-2500k lol

where would that be located on the cpu o.o lol

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by microman
View Post

You could buy the i7 870 and mobo I have for sale for $260!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

thanx for the offer lol but out of my budget right about now just looking to buy it slowly 1 by one

·
Registered
643 Posts
Are you seeing this on ebay?
Is there a reason why this guy is selling this chip?
Some times people gets multiple CPU and try them out.
Of course this guy is keeping the most OCable chip and sell the crappy non-OCable chip.
So don't cry when it won't OC much, though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunagoblin
View Post

Are you seeing this on ebay?
Is there a reason why this guy is selling this chip?
Some times people gets multiple CPU and try them out.
Of course this guy is keeping the most OCable chip and sell the crappy non-OCable chip.
So don't cry when it won't OC much, though.

agreed and that is kinda common sense i asked him about it and still no answer and its not on ebay its on cragslist

and real men don't cry ! =)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by minivancan
View Post

thanx for the offer lol but out of my budget right about now just looking to buy it slowly 1 by one

You cant buy a processor "one by one" if you want to use it. You would need a P67 motherboard to use it. It wont work on your current one

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by pangolinman;14226021
You cant buy a processor "one by one" if you want to use it. You would need a P67 motherboard to use it. It wont work on your current one
no your not getting what I'm trying to say lol I already have a build that I can use for now and I'm not trying to get a new one A.S.A.P. I want to build one for bf3 and new games to come and so on so I am slowly buying the parts to it one by one I never said anything about using it right when I get it lol (tho it would be a good idea to test it out first o.o thanx for bring up that point). Also I said I'm a noob doesn't mean i know nothing at all lol I know it won't work on my board i have now.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minivancan;14226163
no your not getting what I'm trying to say lol I already have a build that I can use for now and I'm not trying to get a new one A.S.A.P. I want to build one for bf3 and new games to come and so on so I am slowly buying the parts to it one by one I never said anything about using it right when I get it lol (tho it would be a good idea to test it out first o.o thanx for bring up that point). Also I said I'm a noob doesn't mean i know nothing at all lol I know it won't work on my board i have now.
Only risk of doing that is right about when you gather all the parts, the Ivy Bridge and PCI-E Ver3 MB are coming up on the market.
I'm pretty sure you'll want that instead of SB set up.
So if I were you, I'd save up for Ivy bridge pci-e 3 set up.
Like this MB.
drool.gif

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunagoblin;14226490
Only risk of doing that is right about when you gather all the parts, the Ivy Bridge and PCI-E Ver3 MB are coming up on the market.
I'm pretty sure you'll want that instead of SB set up.
So if I were you, I'd save up for Ivy bridge pci-e 3 set up.
Like this MB.
drool.gif
=OOOOOOO oh dear hey-zeus..... that is pretty awesome but we'll see how it goes then cause idk yet til bf3 comes out and prices may drop a bit sure if i had the money coming outta my butt i'd build ivy bridge but prices are most likely not gonna be in my range since im a college student whose unemployed x.x but hopefully that will change lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.