4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so I set up the following OC:

Core Ratio - 4.6ghz
Core Voltage - 1.325v
Input Voltage - 1.9v
Ring Ratio - 35
Ring Voltage - 1.275v

Problem is, I want my ring higher. For 4.6ghz on Core I figured I should have the Ring Ratio @ 39. This immediately caused BSOD after booting into Windows. So I decided to go for 1.35v on the Ring Voltage. No BSOD yet, but I see in HWMonitor that the Ring Voltage is @ 1.372v.

So I tried changing the Offset for said voltage to .01 and no matter what I do it keeps setting both the Offset Mode and the Offset Value to "Auto." Is this a safe voltage to run? I read that 1.35 is the highest I want to go for Ring Voltage on air.

My temps are fine using a Cryorig H7 and Thermal Grizzly the max during 20mins of Aida64 was only 70c. I'll list my specs below. Any help is greatly appreciated.

EVGA 500w PSU
MSI z87-g43
Intel core i5-4690k
Cryorig H7 Cooler
16gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix 2x8
EVGA GTX 1060 SC 6gb

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzmz88 View Post

Hey all, so I set up the following OC:

Core Ratio - 4.6ghz
Core Voltage - 1.325v
Input Voltage - 1.9v
Ring Ratio - 35
Ring Voltage - 1.275v

Problem is, I want my ring higher. For 4.6ghz on Core I figured I should have the Ring Ratio @ 39. This immediately caused BSOD after booting into Windows. So I decided to go for 1.35v on the Ring Voltage. No BSOD yet, but I see in HWMonitor that the Ring Voltage is @ 1.372v.

So I tried changing the Offset for said voltage to .01 and no matter what I do it keeps setting both the Offset Mode and the Offset Value to "Auto." Is this a safe voltage to run? I read that 1.35 is the highest I want to go for Ring Voltage on air.

My temps are fine using a Cryorig H7 and Thermal Grizzly the max during 20mins of Aida64 was only 70c. I'll list my specs below. Any help is greatly appreciated.

EVGA 500w PSU
MSI z87-g43
Intel core i5-4690k
Cryorig H7 Cooler
16gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix 2x8
EVGA GTX 1060 SC 6gb
There was some chart around here, but roughly 1000 Mhz on the ring is a little bit less perf increase than 100Mhz on the Core. So if you're doing this to gain FPS in games, and you're only gaining 200Mhz on the ring you're gaining like .3% more perf for all of this hassle.

• Rep+
Reactions: dzmz88

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Thanks for the reply. So I may as well leave the Ring Ratio closer to 35 and call it a day?

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzmz88 View Post

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. So I may as well leave the Ring Ratio closer to 35 and call it a day?
Yeah i would. If you try for 400Mhz you *might* gain 1% performance. I honestly didn't feel it was worth the effort, although your opinion may differ.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, I think we're of the same mind on that issue (given the new info). lol thanks man.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts