Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

im gonna build a system prime for gaming.

Im gonna use the MSI P55-GD65 motherboard for it. It has the OC Genie function as im not that good of a programmer to overclock in the bios.

I have seen

, where they use a MSI P55-GD80 but im gonna use a GD65 becouse its 100,- euro's cheaper then the GD80 becouse i can buy a set with eather i5 750 or i7 860 that wil save me 100,- euro's then buying the GD80 and the i5 or i7 sepperate.

But witch in your oppinion is better for OC the i5 or is the i7 860 better in OC-ing with this setup:

-MSI P55-GD65 motherboard
-Kingston HyperX 4 GB DDR3-2000 Kit
-Sapphire HD5750 Vapor-X
-Cooler Master RealPower M620
-Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 or CoolIT Domino Advanced Liquid Cooling (witch is better?)

Thanks,

Cheers Rik

·
Registered
503 Posts
get the i5. The really only difference between the two CPUs are the clock speed (only .06 difference, overclocking will be no problem), and multi threading (gaming performance will not increase).

·
Registered
503 Posts
sry I forgot this, but get the H50. Always get corsair, their products are of amazing quality, and last forever (even if you have to pay top dollar for them!)

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
I'd go w/ i5 750 over the i7 860; has consistently needed less volts for 4GHz+ and if you don't need HT it's not worth the extra cost.

Just my

• Rep+
Reactions: spacegoast

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Definitely get the H50 from Corsair, I heard its a great cooler for overclocking. I've seen quite a few of leaks from Domino cooling systems.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by candy_van
View Post

I'd go w/ i5 750 over the i7 860; has consistently needed less volts for 4GHz+ and if you don't need HT it's not worth the extra cost.

Just my

You said it best...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wicked!

thanks, i checked the web for info but i couldn't find any usefull info till now.
I wil get the i5 750 and wil try to overclock in the bios as this movie shows.

The crosair was my 1st choise but i never heard of the Domino and wanted to know if it was better as i hear you guys its not.

1 more question i have is that normal cases with a front and back mounted fan wil suck in cold air in front and wil blow out from the back.
when i wil fit the Crosair the fan needs to suck in air from the back becouse the hoses are to short to fit otherwise so i wil have to turn the front fan to so it wil blow out the air. But do i need/want to fit a extra fan in the side panel those it need to suck fresh air in to the case to or also blow air out like the front fan.

Or do you have a better solution for airflow with the Crosair H50 mounted in the back.

(Note: thinking of using a Cooler Master CM690 case or do you have a better 1 with also a bottom mounted powersupply?)

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik_B
View Post

1 more question i have is that normal cases with a front and back mounted fan wil suck in cold air in front and wil blow out from the back.
when i wil fit the Crosair the fan needs to suck in air from the back becouse the hoses are to short to fit otherwise so i wil have to turn the front fan to so it wil blow out the air. But do i need/want to fit a extra fan in the side panel those it need to suck fresh air in to the case to or also blow air out like the front fan.

Or do you have a better solution for airflow with the Crosair H50 mounted in the back.

(Note: thinking of using a Cooler Master CM690 case or do you have a better 1 with also a bottom mounted powersupply?)

H50s will work best with 2x fans in push/pull config; as with any cooler or rad, higher CFMs & higher static pressure = lower temps.
Corsair also recommends you have fans drawing in air from outside of the case; I've seen mixed results with it used as an exhaust, but trying it both ways wouldn't hurt.

CM690 is a very nice case for the price; I'd say there are others which are worth spending a few bucks more on (like a HAF922), but prices are diff. here in the states so I'll just leave it be

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I heard the MSI board is one of the best but it has minor flaws, do poeple know if this is treu and have a suggestion for another good board foor a P55 1156 socket?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts