Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I overclocked to 3ghz and my temps are steady on idle at 24-27c.
Using Intel burn test, it gets up to the high 50s at the most on high setting.
Then I tried to OC to 3.2 it shoots up to 70c in the first 20 seconds.
Do i need to up the voltage now or what?

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
upping the voltage with increase temps so i wouldn't do that

Is your fan upping its speed as the temps are rising or is it staying at a static rpm ?
What type of fan are you using on the gemini?

·
Registered
460 Posts
its gonna catch on fire if you up the voltage further. lol. you need a better cooling solution, water, or you can use hyper 202, which should be good.50s are fine. check the maximum temperature on the intel website. try to stayu 10c below that.
hope that helped

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenzyd109
View Post

its a 120mm 3pin
Its automatic, it gets louder under load

Ok so its that one

Why aren't you using the 4pin fan that came with it? That should work better and scale up with increased temps, the stock fan looks like an R4 with a 4pin which are good fans

What TIM did you use on it, and did you try to reseat it as you may have a bubble or a bad seat. It might be worth a try using better TIM, unless you used some good stuff before, and try to reapply and redo the mount.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnomepatrol
View Post

Ok so its that one

Why aren't you using the 4pin fan that came with it? That should work better and scale up with increased temps, the stock fan looks like an R4 with a 4pin which are good fans

What TIM did you use on it, and did you try to reseat it as you may have a bubble or a bad seat. It might be worth a try using better TIM, unless you used some good stuff before, and try to reapply and redo the mount.

I used arctic silver 5, Maybe Ill reseat it and see if my temps go down.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
yeah and remember AS5 takes a while to "break in" something like 200hours

·
Registered
357 Posts
Artic Cooling Mx2/Mx3/Gelid Extreme ftw.Get those its better than as5.Good luck with the overclocking.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenzyd109
View Post

lower it? its at stock right now, would that lower the temps when I get it back up to 3.2+?

So what? It is possible to OC with under stock voltages
Try it and come back.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The problem with your cooler is that it doesn't have enough aluminum fins to dissipate the heat. It looks cool, but not practical.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts