Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I'm a bit confused about something. My new system has a i5-750 which if I understand correctly should go up to a 24x multiplier in a single threaded app.

It doesn't appear to be doing that though. It goes to 21x but not any further. Any clues to what might be causing this?

Sig rig is the system. I've upgraded the BIOS to F8 but that didn't change anything. Do I need to disable something?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Well for staters the i5 750 has no Hyperthreading, what you are talking about is Turbo Boost.

Id like to know as well cause mine only goes up to 21X, but mine is overclocked which could explain mine not raising any higher.
Is your cpu overclocked as well?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the GA-P55a-UD4P and I get a similar situation. For some reason, I am recalling that gigabyte mobos don't allow a multiplier of higher than 21x, 20x for normal operation, and then 21x when it uses turboboost.

At least on my board, when I'm overclocking, I cannot force it to keep a multiplier higher than 20x. It will turboboost up to 21x, but not any higher (thought I ran into other people with this same problem though, and its just a ingrained part of the mobo).

• Rep+
Reactions: CaptainSWJR

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by H.R.Pufnstuf View Post
I have the GA-P55a-UD4P and I get a similar situation. For some reason, I am recalling that gigabyte mobos don't allow a multiplier of higher than 21x, 20x for normal operation, and then 21x when it uses turboboost.

At least on my board, when I'm overclocking, I cannot force it to keep a multiplier higher than 20x. It will turboboost up to 21x, but not any higher (thought I ran into other people with this same problem though, and its just a ingrained part of the mobo).
Well, hell.

So much for my dynamic overclocking plans.

Guess I'll crank up the Bclk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts