Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello again everyone,

Just wanna know whats the safest Clock/Speed can i go for my current CPU/System.

I just got my h-50 Install.

my current target is around 3.6 to 3.8 GHz
is that safe for my current Ram and CPU and other components?

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Well without knowing what speed your RAM is rated for its hard to say how high that can go, but your CPU will more than likely take you all the way to 4ghz.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i dont get why people OC, i mean i guess its more bang for the buck but the unstable issues, the cooling issues, and it ultimately reduces the life of the cpu!
someone please correct me? or unless OC is matter of opinion??

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ToyzRsux
View Post

i dont get why people OC, i mean i guess its more bang for the buck but the unstable issues, the cooling issues, and it ultimately reduces the life of the cpu!

Because we can

why did we go to the moon ?

This to me seems like a rediculous question being the title of the site

Blue letters top left

·
Registered
629 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ToyzRsux
View Post

If you don't know what you're doing, then everything you said can become an issue. With proper cooling and some testing, there will be no stability issues. Also, as long as you stay within Intel spec (and have proper cooling), you won't be reducing the life of your CPU.

Also, it is just worth it. Running at 4.0 compared to stock at 2.66, there is a HUGE difference in performance. Everything is just so much faster.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardly
View Post

Well without knowing what speed your RAM is rated for its hard to say how high that can go, but your CPU will more than likely take you all the way to 4ghz.

heres my ram specs

Patriot Viper II Sector 5 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model PVV34G1333LLK

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
you can always lower the memory multiplier...

try 20x166 with an 8x multi. that will leave the ram at stock speeds and it will give you an 3.32ghz overclock.

anyways i have the same memory but it runs at higher speeds. u can overclock it to 1600mhz without any problems i guess, but raise the timings to 9-9-9-24.

for a 3.6ghz overclock, set the multi to 20, and the bclk to 180 with a 8x memory multi. this will leave the ram at 1440mhz. try 8-8-8-24 timings. if that doesnt work, raise it to 9-9-9-24.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyuo9980
View Post

you can always lower the memory multiplier...

try 20x166 with an 8x multi. that will leave the ram at stock speeds and it will give you an 3.32ghz overclock.

anyways i have the same memory but it runs at higher speeds. u can overclock it to 1600mhz without any problems i guess, but raise the timings to 9-9-9-24.

for a 3.6ghz overclock, set the multi to 20, and the bclk to 180 with a 8x memory multi. this will leave the ram at 1440mhz. try 8-8-8-24 timings. if that doesnt work, raise it to 9-9-9-24.

thanks man

1 - 10 of 10 Posts