Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior OCN Member
39,877 Posts
The PSU you picked is old and very well known for being very loud under load so if your friend cares about noise the M12II is not a quiet option
The newer Seasonic Foucs Plus is a much better newer and more quiet option but it also costs more

·
Avid Memer
5,953 Posts
If the mounting bracket for that cooler is anything like the Dark Rock 3, you want to pick a different cooler. I just built a gaming PC for my sister and picked out the Dark Rock 3 because it was on sale and wouldn't wish that mounting mechanism on anyone.

I would switch to the MX500 for the SSD. It's faster in pretty much every facet and only a few dollars more.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
The 2600x is pretty much dead even with an 8600 but the platform will allow you to upgrade in the future. Nothing wrong with the 8600 but it's something to think about.
I'd love to be able to drop in a new CPU about now lol.

Cryorig and Nuctua have some really well thought out mounting kits which will come in handy in such a small space. Make sure you have plenty of intake for your GPU and CPU, heat can drastically reduce your GPU performance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am trying to build a PC for my friend but i have been out of the game for a while. Does anyone see anything I can do differently that will make a big difference, or just something blatantly stupid i put in there? Thanks for any help.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/spenceaj3/saved/WYwNNG
I understand that I'm late but why nobody said that K processor, H310 chipset and 2400 RAM is *** (what a hell) combo?

·
Avid Memer
5,953 Posts
The 2400 MHz RAM for that motherboard isn't unreasonable. I doubt there's much difference between 2400 MHz and 2666 MHz.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The 2400 MHz RAM for that motherboard isn't unreasonable. I doubt there's much difference between 2400 MHz and 2666 MHz.
Agree but 8600k on H310 is odd. I'm not familiar with this site and thought maybe hardware list was edited after the discussion. Non-K processors in Z motherboards have sense but not vice versa. And this makes you free to choose any higher speed RAM.

·
Avid Memer
5,953 Posts
It still makes some sense for the higher base clocks and turbo bins. Either way, first-gen Ryzen 7 processors are available at a massive discount so it's hard to recommend any i5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts