Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a friend that has 1k and he already has a gtx 260 and he wants a x58 setup with an i7 can you guys help with this build plz he dont need a dvd drive but everything else i need im having a hard time thax

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Quote:
This except get a samsung spinpoint f3 1tb drive for 89.99-it should have free shipping again once it comes back in stock.

Also grab a 930 instead of the 920 since they're basically the same price.

The power supply is debatable.

If you're a college student you can get windows 7 for 50$ or something unless you already have an OS.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i7 920
Nice Air-cooler
640GB WD Caviar Black (2 in Raid 0 if in budget)
EVGA x58 SLI LE mobo
3x2GB Corsair XMS or Kingston Hyper x Ram
650-750w Corsair PSU
Antec 900 case
That's basically gonna be a rockin system and he may have a few bucks left.

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
dude you are going to need to tell us what he is intending to use with it. If he is gaming and only needs budget RAM and an ok board, or if he is going to overclock and needs a really nice CPU+RAM, or for any other possible uses he may have.

If he can afford it, I would go with an i7 930, an EVGA classified 3-way, and some 2000Mhz Cas 9 RAM.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah its strickly for gaming but he does not want to upgrade in a long time

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wumpus
View Post

dude you are going to need to tell us what he is intending to use with it. If he is gaming and only needs budget RAM and an ok board, or if he is going to overclock and needs a really nice CPU+RAM, or for any other possible uses he may have.

If he can afford it, I would go with an i7 930, an EVGA classified 3-way, and some 2000Mhz Cas 9 RAM.

Does that fit inside a 1000,- budget ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts