Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am hoping someone can give me some insight on why my temperatures are so messed. I went into BIOS on very first boot and it went to 80C which I can only assume is a error. Currently has stock HS and Fan but putting on a Hyper 212 Plus this evening. I want to know if I hooked something up wrong to get these temperature readings, or if flashing the BIOS to the newest release will help as I haven't done that yet. It also says my CPU fan is running at 250RPM on CPUID HWMonitor but 2000 on AI Suite. Any help to fix this would be great as it hard to OC when you don't know how hot it really is.

As you can see these are showing under 100% stock CPU settings.

I have had it under load for quite awhile and it has never crashed or bluescreened.

tempsvr.jpg

·
Registered
343 Posts
Id say put on the 212 and see if temps get better. If the still seem high then get back to us. Are you using a fan controller? I dont see how all of your system fans are running at such a low rpm unless its just reading wrong. Do they seem to be spinning fast?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Added the system, thanks for the reminder Munaim1.

No fan controllers, and all fans appear to be operating normally. I hope the new cooler does something or if need be reseat the CPU, although the place I purchased it from put in the CPU and RAM in store to make sure everything was working, I would hope they know how to put the CPU in right.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Hows your Ambients? Possibility of HSF not mounted correctly.

I'd recommend installing your new cooler asap.

Offtopic: I'm in the mood to order me a 2500k
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolio831;12003824
Hows your Ambients? Possibility of HSF not mounted correctly.

I'd recommend installing your new cooler asap.

Offtopic: I'm in the mood to order me a 2500k
smile.gif
cpuz shows core voltage at 1.1, even with stock cooler temps shouldn't be 70+

I hope it does well on my new setup, just ordered me a nice water cooling upgrade.
smile.gif

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would the TIM make THAT much of a temperature difference? The place I purchased it from put the CPU and HS on, it was at the end of the day so maybe they rushed and never did, I guess when I change to the 212 tonight we will see.

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
My guess is that either your ambient temperature is really high or the stock cooler isn't seated correctly (push-pins can be a pain in the butt).

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Racersnare21
View Post

if its the stock cooler from intel dont they always have the TIM on the cooler out of the box? I know my 920 did.

didnt know he was using stock cooler until he filled his system spec
in that case he most likely didnt seat it properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its defiantly not ambient temperature its -35 outside and in a freezing basement. Hoping the new HS fixes everything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright going to change it, ill let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Confirmed it was a terrible heatsink mount, push pins officially suck. hope I didn't do any damage running it that hot for a hour or two. Full load in Prime95 and its 39-44C, much better. Now time to do some OCing.

Thanks for all the input guys.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts