Overclock.net banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Can some please take a look at this figures and tell me if these look correct? My processor seems to be very sluggish. Even more so with games.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
How is it that your processor feels sluggish? I think the sluggishness you are experiencing is probably do more so to the lack of a SSD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkerde View Post

what's your overclock at? might be throttling cuz of temps, 1.45v is pretty high
He looks to be running it on stock, as can be seen from the throttle CPU frequency @ 1600MHz.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,885 Posts
That is a very high voltage, and also a pretty high BCLK. I would reset everything to default, and then try overclocking it using manual voltages and just the turbo multiplier. I'm guessing you used some form of auto-overclocking (either BIOS or software) which sometimes causes less than ideal results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0CALEFACTION0 View Post

He looks to be running it on stock, as can be seen from the throttle CPU frequency @ 1600MHz.
It can still idle down to 1600 even when overclocked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No overclock at present. It just seems programs, starting actual computer etc are taking forever to load.

If what you see looks ok, i'll just deal with it although it does feel a little off.
worriedsmiley.gif
 

·
Washed Up Old Gamer
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

That is a very high voltage, and also a pretty high BCLK. I would reset everything to default, and then try overclocking it using manual voltages and just the turbo multiplier. I'm guessing you used some form of auto-overclocking (either BIOS or software) which sometimes causes less than ideal results.
It can still idle down to 1600 even when overclocked.
Exactly this. Set your BCLK to 100.00 and set everything else to default. Use the "Load Optimized Defaults" option in your BIOS. I'd be willing to bet that your chip is overheating and throttling. His CPU frequency is at 1600mhz because of the why his C states are configured. It doesn't mean his multi is at the stock setting. Disable any auto oc utilities you may have open as well.

There's no way you should be seeing 1.45v using stock settings. What are your cpu temps like ?
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: slamminuk

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Who Dat View Post

Exactly this. Set your BCLK to 100.00 and set everything else to default. Use the "Load Optimized Defaults" option in your BIOS. I'd be willing to bet that your chip is overheating and throttling. His CPU frequency is at 1600mhz because of the why his C states are configured. It doesn't mean his multi is at the stock setting. Disable any auto oc utilities you may have open as well.

There's no way you should be seeing 1.45v using stock settings. What are your cpu temps like ?
I have to admit I did use the EasyTune software that came with my motherboard at some point which may of effected as you say. I'll load the optimized defaults and post back shortly.

Temps are like 72c according to the bios screen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After Loading Optimized Settings I have immediatly noticed a difference. Thanks for that much appreciated.

This is how it looks now




Would you say thats more like it??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
an i7-3770k with core speed at 1600, that doesnt look right, shouldn,t it be 3500 at defaults? i have the same chip and never saw a 1600 core speed looks to me its underclocked imo
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
3,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post

an i7-3770k with core speed at 1600, that doesnt look right, shouldn,t it be 3500 at defaults? i have the same chip and never saw a 1600 core speed looks to me its underclocked imo
no...that's perfectly normal
 

·
Washed Up Old Gamer
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcamaross View Post

no...that's perfectly normal
Like I said 10 posts ago, the chip is downclocking due to the way his C states are configured.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

That is a very high voltage, and also a pretty high BCLK. I would reset everything to default, and then try overclocking it using manual voltages and just the turbo multiplier. I'm guessing you used some form of auto-overclocking (either BIOS or software) which sometimes causes less than ideal results.
It can still idle down to 1600 even when overclocked.
Not how I personally have mine overclocked. Thanks for the reality check.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right, on with the show. I'm now going to overclock it manually without using any of the silly software that it came with. I'll post up a new thread for this however.

Again thanks for your help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
not that i,m argueing with you but first screen says 1661mhz at 1.4 vcore, that doesnt look like-(idle frequency and voltage drop that is completely normal) it very well could be c-states as posted above, just my 2 cents worth
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post

not that i,m argueing with you but first screen says 1661mhz at 1.4 vcore, that doesnt look like-(idle frequency and voltage drop that is completely normal) it very well could be c-states as posted above, just my 2 cents worth
Not sure what you are saying. It is completely normal for the chip to downclock to 1600 when it is idle as long as the power saving features are enabled in the BIOS. If you disable all the power saving then it might stay at the higher freq all the time (depending on the motherboard) but just because it is at 1600 doesn't mean anything is abnormal.

That CPU-Z shot looks like the idle mutliplier coupled with a non-stock BCLK (because the Easy Tune software changed it) along with a fixed Vcore.

In any case, he got it fixed and is working on a normal overclock now.
thumb.gif
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top