Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
could someone please guide me to overclock my system.i hear you should do it gradually,test,then stop or continue overclocking.
but i have no clue where to start.
it consists of:

i7-4770K
MSI Z87 MPOWER LGA 1150
CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Extreme Performance(current processor temp is in the upper 20s C after loading.)
G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series PC3 17000 16GB running at 2133 XMP at the moment
XFX Double D 7970 GHz Edition 3GB for video card(did not mess with this here yet)
Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256 GB running WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64bit
CORSAIR HX850W PSU
Corsair Vengeance Series C70 case with 6 Noctua Fans all around.

now this MSI board has lots of overclocking buttons(Genie or whatever they call them) and software,but i heard nothing is as stable as changing the numbers manually and testing how the system reacts.

here's a snap shot of my current:

4-2-2014.png 425k .png file

any expert reply is appreciated.
thanks a mil

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
should just have to up the clock speed bit by bit and test. If not stable try adding some voltage and then test again. That's how I do it at least. Not sure if its the best way or not.

·
Registered
MSI
1,536 Posts
Yup try it step by step like bigtony said before, I used to start with 4.0GHz and with stock vcore test it if success then go up to 4.2GHz and test it with added vcore, 4.4GHz and test it with added vcore, 4.6GHz and test it with added vcore etc. Untill 4.8 - 5.0GHz is already high clock and some can't reach that high because of high temp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts