Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A.K.A. Droptimus
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about building this I've been wanting to go with 6 core for a while now and was wondering would one thing be bottle necking the other or not. Is this a good match and how much wattage would I need. or should I get a 780 and then SLI two 780's down the road or something

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
No Bottleneck will be experienced. A good 750W power supply will do fine.

Once you go with an Intel Hexacore, you will never go back!

An Overclocked Hexacore will push any combination of cards. It is the best of the best!

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
I'd hold out and see whats going to happen with the 3910k and see if it pans out... might be a cheap entry level chip and save ya some cheddar! IB-E probably won't be worth the upgrade for most people, but if you are just coming over then it won't matter!

Just my .02

Let me welcome you in advance to the dark side :-D

·
Premium Member
17,348 Posts
i want a 4930k but i must resist until haswell-e :x if you do get it be sure to let us know how it turns out
biggrin.gif

·
A.K.A. Droptimus
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why are you waiting for haswell-e? I might also, just wanted to know your opinion.

·
Premium Member
17,348 Posts
i cant bring myself to go from haswell back to ivybridge just for 2 more cores, if anything id buy a used 3930k for cheap at this point, then continue the wait for haswell-e lol

·
Zeon
601 Posts
I'm gonna wait for the haswell-e because of the new chipset
tongue.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: iPDrop

·
Registered
275 Posts
That's a lot of wasted cash just to say you have 6 cores and 3 cards. Two 780's is more than enough power and will have less issues, and is not bottlenecked by 8x/8x 3.0. Your 3770K will habdle that with just fine. Also, that's a LOT of cash saved from the epeen pit.

·
A.K.A. Droptimus
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I play CPU intensive games and I do a ton of rendering (almost every day) I would definitely utilize the extra cores if I bought them. I'm not just buying them just to say I have them or anything
tongue.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts