Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A.K.A. Droptimus
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about building this I've been wanting to go with 6 core for a while now and was wondering would one thing be bottle necking the other or not. Is this a good match and how much wattage would I need. or should I get a 780 and then SLI two 780's down the road or something

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
No Bottleneck will be experienced. A good 750W power supply will do fine.

Once you go with an Intel Hexacore, you will never go back!

An Overclocked Hexacore will push any combination of cards. It is the best of the best!

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
I'd hold out and see whats going to happen with the 3910k and see if it pans out... might be a cheap entry level chip and save ya some cheddar! IB-E probably won't be worth the upgrade for most people, but if you are just coming over then it won't matter!

Just my .02

Let me welcome you in advance to the dark side :-D

·
A.K.A. Droptimus
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why are you waiting for haswell-e? I might also, just wanted to know your opinion.

·
Zeon
601 Posts
I'm gonna wait for the haswell-e because of the new chipset
tongue.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: iPDrop

·
A.K.A. Droptimus
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I play CPU intensive games and I do a ton of rendering (almost every day) I would definitely utilize the extra cores if I bought them. I'm not just buying them just to say I have them or anything
tongue.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.