Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Pictures would help, but there's probably not much to be done if there is physical damage. Sometimes you'll get lucky and only damage something you can work around (1 bad memory channel, some PCI-E lanes not working, temp monitoring not working, etc) but the rest of the system will work and it can be used with some minor workaround. Other times it's just dead. Double check the CPU socket too and make sure you didn't get thermal paste in there or bend any pins. Poor pin contact can cause all sorts of odd issues too depending on which pins aren't making contact.
 

·
Hydro Therapist
Joined
·
494 Posts
ughh that sucks dude, we shouldnt have to resort to these tactics to get decent temperatures. Looking at the picture it looks like it went right through a bunch of the track lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Horseman View Post

ughh that sucks dude, we shouldnt have to resort to these tactics to get decent temperatures. Looking at the picture it looks like it went right through a bunch of the track lines.
I just don't understand why Intel refuses to use solder, especially with their K model CPU's.
 

·
Hydro Therapist
Joined
·
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socko1965 View Post

I just don't understand why Intel refuses to use solder, especially with their K model CPU's.
its all about the bottom line. They can save some fraction of money not soldering it and using dung, and up until recently there has been no alternative, so people will eat it and like it. These practices though leave a very nasty taste in my mouth I will not soon forget.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Horseman View Post

its all about the bottom line. They can save some fraction of money not soldering it and using dung, and up until recently there has been no alternative, so people will eat it and like it. These practices though leave a very nasty taste in my mouth I will not soon forget.
Intel charges a premium for their unlocked CPU's, and to not use solder on them seems like utter contempt for their customers.
 

·
Linux Noob
Joined
·
997 Posts
skull.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Feels bad man. How u delided using dedicated tool or knife/cutter? Just curios i want to delid my upcoming 6700k/7700k also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used a thin blade,but I scrathed it.Get a delid tool for 10-30$ and you are set.I delidded an i5 6400 with a delid tool and it's really easy and fast.Then I oc'ed it to 4.7ghz.With this chip and a gtx 780 I get in 1080p/medium 100fps min-170fpsmax in Destiny 240-280 in Overwatch,150 in Fortnite and I can play everything easily.I'm waiting until next year and then I'll switch to a pair of gtx 1080 in sli and a 9700k(the rumors say it's an octa).
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top