Overclock.net banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,399 Posts
I’m not butt hurt in the least. I just showed you that your claim that I was spreading misinformation was spreading misinformation. Now you come back with more insults? I don’t care what anyone chooses to run, sometimes that’s based on a budget because you have a nagging wife and small children, just getting a career started and not making 6 figures. I don’t knock people for their choices. I don’t insult people either. Obviously you felt insulted because you can’t touch my numbers. That’s OK but if you want to insult people you need to go to Reddit. This is not the place for it.
Says the guy who responded more angrily than anyone ever has since I joined OCN over 10 years ago. :p If you classify my responses as "insults" then you should definitely go back to whatever safe space you crawled out of. This is no place for people with thin skin. :p

·
Old and Decrepit
2,057 Posts
Says the guy who responded more angrily than anyone ever has since I joined OCN over 10 years ago. :p If you classify my responses as "insults" then you should definitely go back to whatever safe space you crawled out of. This is no place for people with thin skin. :p
Maybe a laptop forum is a better fit for you. Maybe they have your unskilled sense of humor there.
End of discussion.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,399 Posts
Maybe a laptop forum is a better fit for you. Maybe they have your unskilled sense of humor there.
End of discussion.
Right on boss. Good talk. :p

·
Engineer & Gamer
7 Posts
The 11900K is a complete waste of money. Even Intel are apparently realizing this. I have a 7700K running at 5.1 GHz all core OC (on a Gigabyte AORUS GA-Z270X-Gaming 9 MoBo) and it's fine for the games I play 1080p/1440p with my AORUS RX 5700 XT (overclocked) gfx card (which I absolutely will not be upgrading any time soon!)

Maybe this from Gamers Nexus today, will help:

Intel Has Become AMD: Best Gaming CPUs Are Last Gen

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
Thanks guys, ill wait it out for the next gen of CPU's that come out.
The OP has made a decision and thanked all who have helped, why is this thread still popping off?

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
The OP has made a decision and thanked all who have helped, why is this thread still popping off?
Good point, let’s take this thread to 1 million.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
21,422 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
The 11xxx series CPU's are junk. They are literally equaled and outperformed by the 10xxx series CPU's across the gamut of use cases. If you really aren't having any issues I'd wait until 12xxx. If you not then save a little money and build a 10xxx platform now.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just upgraded from a 7700k myself last week. Got a 10900f for $350. Pretty happy with it. Its basically same CPU is in this review but without the IGP:

·
Registered
214 Posts
For those on Kylake/Kabylake platform, is it still worth upgrading to a faster ram? Example, from 3000MHz ram to a 3600MHz or 4000MHz ram kit?

·
Old and Decrepit
2,057 Posts
For those on Kylake/Kabylake platform, is it still worth upgrading to a faster ram? Example, from 3000MHz ram to a 3600MHz or 4000MHz ram kit?
3600 maybe, 4000 is too expensive, hard to get it to run (usually have to set it up in manual mode) and IMO not a significant gain once you factor in the high latency. Id actually recommend the 3200 CL14 Samsung Bdie. Gskill has a lot of those to choose from, pain black, neo, rgb and the rgb royal. B Die is stable an will OC like there is no tomorrow. One member has 16GB sticks running at 4000 CL16 which a 4000 kit wont even do. Usually the 4000 kits are CL19.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts