Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad is using an old HP to play games such as Civ V & Killing Floor 2. It came with a gtx 260 but since I upgraded my rig I gave him my old gtx 570 + a new psu.
Is there going to be any bottlenecking issues? I'm already upgrading him to a new case with actual airflow.

Would an aftermarket cooler be a good idea with this cpu/gpu combination?
It seems to work fine though it's hot; 50C for cpu. 90C for gpu while gaming. I realize the lack of airflow is a problem but I'm just curious if the old CPU / newer GPU combination could be contributing.

I've never touched the BIOS. Should I tweak the voltage at all?
[other info...
Mobo: MSI Indio (Fintek F71858)
HP system: AZ237AV-ABA e9270t ]

·

13,000 Posts
Stock 860 and a GTX 570 is a good match.

• Rep+
Reactions: RepCom1207

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
There won't be any bottlenecking; this is a good combination.

An aftermarket cooler would only be needed for overclocking, or if the temperatures were noticeably too high.

There's no benefit to changing the voltage, unless you can decrease it for better temps (if that's needed). The risk of decreasing it is, you can create instability. So, make sure it's worth it.

• Rep+
Reactions: RepCom1207

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
50 is a really nice temp on a stock cooler especially an i7. Fermi can handle 90c, but it may need reapplication of TIM and a cleaning but with poor airflow isn't shocking. I wish I still had my 860, at 3.2Ghz it was playing The Witcher 3 and anything else I through at it perfectly fine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemama1956 View Post

50 is a really nice temp on a stock cooler especially an i7. Fermi can handle 90c, but it may need reapplication of TIM and a cleaning but with poor airflow isn't shocking. I wish I still had my 860, at 3.2Ghz it was playing The Witcher 3 and anything else I through at it perfectly fine.
Thanks, this is very reassuring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts