1.4 vcore

Turbo and HT enabled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Braindead
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Auld View Post
Slipstreams are terrible on a heatsink because they have very low static pressure. Swap them out for some Yate Loons and you will probably see a nice drop in temps.
Yate Loons were to hard to get! lol.

· Braindead
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Auld View Post
Nearly any 120MM fan will have more static pressure then a slipstream so if you have any extras you can always test them to see the advantages. The Noctua fan that came with your cooler while worse then a Yate is still much better then a slipstream.

You can see they choke out badly while other fans do not.
This is pretty dissapointing, because when I asked around Xtremesystems I was told the slipstreams were good.

· Braindead
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MRoFlare
View Post

run it for 24hr b4 calling it stable! I had OC where I ran it for 8-12 hours then it suddenly crashes...

I never even called it stable, nowhere in the post, or title did I say it was.

· Braindead
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Auld
View Post

They are pretty good fans when used in open air or as a case fan but on a rad or heatsink there are better choices. Ironically that graph is from xtremesystems by Vapor.

Oh well. At least i've got the system, and it's running. I'm hoping temps are around 55-60c for real world tasks like gaming, maya, 3dS, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.