Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most stuff in. System built and running. Still unnamed...

So lets take a look shall we? Keep in mind that eventually this will be housed inside a CD custom bench case (if he can) for display purposes mostly at work.

+

=

In this location the empty bay will eventually have a Dual Temp Sensor, one for Water temp and one for Ambient temp. Stupid USPS slow shipping

Rad

Loop

GPU

Memory (keeping my fingers crossed, ordered and it shipped the day before the recall/announcement)

And last but not least, the overview

Now I just need a good name for her.

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
after my res comes in I think it will be relocated, that was part of the initial setup before I could see how visable it all was. I think i found a great way to mount it on the side if i relocate the HDD down 1 spot.

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just had a major *** moment. Leak tested yesterday then today i started to install windows 7. So about half way through the install i got some very odd response from the system, funny graphics, followed by hard lock. So i look over and what do i see, my CPU is surrounded by water... ON THE BOARD. So I yank the cord out and start cussing of course as i run for some paper towels. When i finish soaking 3 or 4 of them I start looking for the leak. I cant find it. Till i take the CPU block off and between the copper and the ?acetel? is where its leaking. the block just failed. sorry EK, I love the blocks and my Classy works wonders with that full cover block but yeah, I just ordered another HK + backplate.

I soooo hope this did not fry my board. I was just using Distilled + Nuke + 2 drops soap so I guess I will find out Tuesday. next day air orders on friday come in monday, so then Leak test monday/tuesday and see what happens. Guess that should be enough time to air dry the rest of the board?

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Small update. Heatkiller 3.0 LT came in.
Redid the loop and had to use leftover fesser uv black tube to replace the tygon until i can order more.
For the record its 1/2 ID x 3/4 OD tube.

The new heatkiller has the cpu at under 30 at stock with the mobo in the same loop, going to push the oc to 4.0 just to see what temps are like and then decide if I should keep it at stock or push it farther for normal use. Since the system is more for display than peformance. Still no word from CD on his availability for a custom bench but for now the magicool works fairly well.

Sorry for any bad typos or anything seriouse intoxication going for me right now, been a great night at home and feeling the effects by now. Update later with temps/speeds tommrow after initial systems test and leak tesing finishes i will push it a little.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Let us know how the HeatKiller runs. Love the build, as I stated before. A fan of most of the part you have. Now that you have a HeatKiller block, Im even more a fan. You should join the HeatKiller club. Share info and ask quetions. This can be your work log. Send info to Juggalo23451 after you read the OP. If you do decide to join, welcome. If not, I hope you enjoy your build and it does your business well.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverVolter View Post
This installation looks like you didn't have enough money so you'll buy the case later.

"Mutant" would be a good name.
Its a TECH STATION. Its suppose to look like that.
The whole point is so he can show it off to his customers in his store.

Techs use it for quick change out of parts while testing. In this instance, its for display.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.