Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the h-50. I know it's watercooling, but i kind of see it as air cooling too, because of the fans attached to the HS block ect. So i am hitting 75c if i stress the CPU with IBT. It's fully stable, the temps are a bit too high. When i installed the h-50, i put the block onto the CPU carefully and screwed everything into place til the screws would turn no further, so am guessing it's installed fine.

Am using stock fan and a case fan for push/pull. Thermal paste is the one that came with the h-50 which i find to be good. Should i have the fan to intake air directly from the outside like corsair suggest? will that help?

I might try to do some cable management too, and reverse the front fans to blow out rather than suck in, only if i have the corsair fan intaking directly from the outside air, again, corsair suggested this.

Thank you for the input. Am glad it's not 75c in games haha!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
well. haveing good air flow is a must. i would replace fan and get 2 for push pull on rad. Also haveing air from rad to Blow Out side case is best. Wont dump heat into case. i got water for gpus. not for my i7 . i7 are hot beast tho.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW;12007916
I have the h-50. I know it's watercooling, but i kind of see it as air cooling too, because of the fans attached to the HS block ect. So i am hitting 75c if i stress the CPU with IBT. It's fully stable, the temps are a bit too high. When i installed the h-50, i put the block onto the CPU carefully and screwed everything into place til the screws would turn no further, so am guessing it's installed fine.

Am using stock fan and a case fan for push/pull. Thermal paste is the one that came with the h-50 which i find to be good. Should i have the fan to intake air directly from the outside like corsair suggest? will that help?

I might try to do some cable management too, and reverse the front fans to blow out rather than suck in, only if i have the corsair fan intaking directly from the outside air, again, corsair suggested this.

You didn't mention what voltages you are running or what your ambient temps are, as they will definitely factor in. Also, as GfhTattoo said try push-pull and different air flows. I know the H50 will run cooler if you run it as intake instead of exhaust.

·
Registered
549 Posts
First IBT is the hottest test out there for CPU testing - under Prime95 your temps should be under those 75C - you should check that. If you put the fans to take air from outside - the temps should fall cause of the cool air outside the case. Here is a test made with different types of installation of the H50 => http://www.clunk.org.uk/reviews/corsair-h50-cpu-cooler-review/Page-6.html

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, i have it as exhaust.
My voltage is 1.23v at 4Ghz. No idea about ambiant temps or whatever you call it. It's not that warm tbh.

I will, change to intake, tidy cables, sort front fans out to exhaust and keep 200mm fan for exhaust.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
btw,just ran metro 2033. the CPU hits 53c on the most demanding area max out where i am in the teens for my fps!

·
Banned
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW;12008041
Well, i have it as exhaust.
My voltage is 1.23v at 4Ghz. No idea about ambiant temps or whatever you call it. It's not that warm tbh.

I will, change to intake, tidy cables, sort front fans out to exhaust and keep 200mm fan for exhaust.
1.23v at 4.0Ghz stable is immense!

Also in regards to your first post usually proper watercooling loops with radiators have fans so kinda the same.

·
RTX Sight Unseen
2,373 Posts
Didn't read other posts, but 75c is absolutely fine in IBT which is usually around 10c hotter than Prime95 which is 5-10c hotter than normal "heavy loads."

I would not recommend, but would not consider 85c out of the question in IBT.

• Rep+
Reactions: BradleyW

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellent;12008112
1.23v at 4.0Ghz stable is immense!

Also in regards to your first post usually proper watercooling loops with radiators have fans so kinda the same.
Yeah, i instantly thought this as i posted.
And as for the low volts on the 4GHz, if i add more volts, the PC hangs and will not boot. Ive i lower it's volts, it's 100 percent stable. Very strange, but cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by tconroy135;12008125
Didn't read other posts, but 75c is absolutely fine in IBT which is usually around 10c hotter than Prime95 which is 5-10c hotter than normal "heavy loads."

I would not recommend, but would not consider 85c out of the question in IBT.
Well, if it's stable at a really high temp, the CPU can obviously cope, just for a one off stress, but still, am going to clean the PC and sort it all out. Might help my GPU as well!

·
RTX Sight Unseen
2,373 Posts
I didn't notice you were using the H50 and not an air cooler. Your gonna wanna run maybe 20 or 30 runs of IBT on max/very high because the liquid in your cooler will heat up over time.

Just make sure your temps don't go over 95c ever and of course the lower the better.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Your temps are completely fine man. Im running 2 ultra kaze 2k rpm 38mm fan's on my h50 at 1.216v 4.0 stable and your temps are not that much higher than mine.

50runs.png

·
RTX Sight Unseen
2,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh154;12008208
Your temps are completely fine man. Im running 2 ultra kaze 2k rpm 38mm fan's on my h50 at 1.216v 4.0 stable and your temps are not that much higher than mine.

50runs.png
~3hrs of IBT, well your Vcore is solid Ill give you that much.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
4Ghz at 75c IBT with a H50 is fine...

·
~DSG Farts Are The Best~
787 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradleyW
View Post

first thing i'd suggest is removing the h50 tim and use as5 or shin etsu
reason for that is because the quantity is way too much in the h50 thus causing temperature increase
i've replaced mine and put as5 and temps dropped by 8c
then you could try to lap your h50 and processor for even better temperatures
best of luck to you

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well thank you so much for the print screens and help. I now have the cooler to intake from air outside of the PC. Temps are 8c cooler on average. Tidy my cables too. GPU shows 5c cooler!

@Tconroy135-I don't understand why i would need to run 20 IBT tests? Surely that would heat the liquid even quicker??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts