1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Try 1.26v for core, and then lower it 2 clicks at a time. I need about 1.26v in BIOS for 3.8ghz w/ hyperthreading. without, I only need around 1.22.
I had to put my VTT to 1.27

I think I have the same ram.: Set your ram voltage to 1.65, and change the timings to ( tcl,trcd,trp,tras) 8-8-8-24- and 88 for tRFC and then change the command rate to 2.

these are the lowest voltages could find while still remaining 24/hr stable and stress test stable.
CPU Voltage: 1.2625v
DRAM Voltage: 1.65v
IOH Voltage: 1.153v
VTT Voltage: 1.27v
ICH Voltage: 1.16v
IOH/CSI Voltage: 1.16v
IOH/ICH PCI-E Voltage: 1.56
CPU PLL: 1.82v

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerroffMe View Post

Firstly disable C1E and EIST and thermal monitor.
Secondly reduce your ram to stock settings whilst you get the processor stable.
Are you getting BSOD? The code it gives you after it reboots should give you some kind of indication as to what the problem is.
I recommend you doing the RAM thing and the C1E etc things too. Also get BSODviewer and post a pic of the BSOD that you get during your stability test.

Since you only have 3 DIMM slots filled, it shouldn't be a problem for the IMC to run it so put QPI/VTT to 1.25 and leave it there for the stability testing. After that put vcore @ 1.25 and test stability from there. If it fails up 2 notches. After that, keep testing until you have it stable for at least 8 hours, but recommended 12 hours. After everything is stable, start tweaking your RAM and testing it with 90% of RAM for around 2 hours. If it's stable, then you're all good. Remember the wait time for these testing are crucial. Don't skimp out just because it's long, its for your PC's health. Don't rush. Also, with Gabkicks recommendations, those voltages won't necessarily work with your chip since EVERY chip is DIFFERENT. Find your own, and start learning. Also, OCing can become very addictive, I burned out my first 930, but luckily I bought extended warranty and they let me replace it.
smile.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts