Overclock.net banner

i7 920 overclocking thread

379739 Views 1912 Replies 274 Participants Last post by  sibleles59
Well, i got my I7 920 today and i figured we should probably have a 920 overclocking thread. I will try to link helpful articles, and "cheat sheets" i can find. if you find any good ones PM me and i'll post em here.
here's mine so far.

for some reason if i go any higher no post, i'm guessing i have alot to learn. because it is rock solid stable and good temps, but no amount of voltage will let me go any higher. we will see what we find.
here's a good overclocking article
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==
and here
http://www.custompc.co.uk/handsongui...-overclocking/
and here
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid...=expert&pid=13
LL
LL
1 - 20 of 1913 Posts

· Registered
514 Posts
Nice OC, try hitting 4ghz tho

Good luck!

· Premium Member
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whatever came wiht it lol i have had about an hour with it. i think i know my problem though. my memory is ddr3 1600 @ 1.9v but to keep it under 1.65 i can't go over ddr3 1033
time for new ram i guess.

· Premium Member
17,971 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by {core2duo}werd View Post
whatever came wiht it lol i have had about an hour with it. i think i know my problem though. my memory is ddr3 1600 @ 1.9v but to keep it under 1.65 i can't go over ddr3 1033

ouch

· Registered
2,019 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by {core2duo}werd View Post
that is most likely it... mine works perfectly up to 1333...anything higher and it wont even load windows..

btw pictures now or else!!!

· Premium Member
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BizzareRide View Post
You should try 1066 RAM and OC from there.
i have them at 1080 right now and that's the lowest divider i can get.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErBall View Post
Are your temps that your showing with your water loop?

I am seriously worried about temps even with my TRUE.
yup, that's with this cpu block i ran occt for about an hour but i don't have time to do much more testing tonight, maybe more tomorow. this board has so many options i don't even know what they all do. I can't wait to get a 4870X2 though.

one really weird thing is that i can run any stress testing program for a long time, and any benchmark with no problems except for super pi... it crashes when i try to run it. i haven't even done any windows updates yet so i'm gona take it easy till i get all my programs installed and running.

edit i'll upload pics tomorrow.

· Premium Member
4,324 Posts
If I remember correctly the non extreme i7's are limited by there wattage?

· Registered
3,353 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattb2e View Post
If I remember correctly the non extreme i7's are limited by there wattage?
There should be an option to turn this OFF on the P6T deluxe. Have you tried to find that setting. The OC on the 920 are restricted until you unlock it. BTW 3.5ghz, not bad for first try on a whole new system.

· Premium Member
4,324 Posts
I was not aware of that feature, sweet.

1 - 20 of 1913 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.