Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I be able to get 3.6GHz with stock volts?

3.6 with stock volts, not touching voltage settings, just increasing BCLK to 150 and setting multiplier to 24?

Would my temps rise a lot or would that be fine?

Thanks in advance to anyone who posts.
I think it has a stock voltage of around 1.2v

1.168V Stock (I will most likely bump up to 1.2 for 3.6)
Here are my stock temps on prime 95 load.
i7950temps1136v.png
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Don't leave your voltage on "auto" whatever you do.

But yes - in theory. Each chip is different, but my bloomfield did it.
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeschylus;13139579
Don't leave your voltage on "auto" whatever you do.

But yes - in theory. Each chip is different, but my bloomfield did it.
smile.gif
Well as you can see those are my temps on 1.168v

Think I can do it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Step it up in small steps - I'd advise against going straight for high clocks. Do a little at a time and you won't fry anything.

Seeing how the bloomfields have a max temp of 100C, you've got a lot of headroom. At 100% load 24/7 I barely hit 69C at 3.8. I think you can do it.

Although I could get 3.4 stable with 1.1v, rock-solid. 3 GHz at 1.168 seems a little high, but I could have just gotten a really good chip.

Edit: duh. number's fixed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeschylus;13139639
Step it up in small steps - I'd advise against going straight for high clocks. Do a little at a time and you won't fry anything.

Seeing how the bloomfields have a max temp of 100C, you've got a lot of headroom. At 100% load 24/7 I barely hit 69C at 3.8. I think you can do it.

Although I could get 3.4 stable with 1.1v, rock-solid. 3 GHz at 1.168 seems a little high, but I could have just gotten a really good chip.

Edit: duh. number's fixed.
So just bump up the multiplier and BCLK until i get it stable at 3.6
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfireguy123;13139664
So just bump up the multiplier and BCLK until i get it stable at 3.6
Set all voltages manually to the defaults, set ram timings to default, turn of turbo mode, disable C1E, EIST, & SpeedStep.

Set multi to 23x and raise bclk 5 at a time & test til unstable.

You will find your max OC on stock v

I think you can do 3.6 on stock, but its going to be close. You may need a slight bump...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10acjed;13139692
Set all voltages manually to the defaults, set ram timings to default, turn of turbo mode, disable C1E, EIST, & SpeedStep.

Set multi to 23x and raise bclk 5 at a time & test til unstable.

You will find your max OC on stock v

I think you can do 3.6 on stock, but its going to be close. You may need a slight bump...
Thanks man I will try that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Well, for me I began at 1.1v, and tried to see where the chip would stay stable within that range. I bumped bclk 2 MHz and stress-tested, and it performed wonderously up until 3.4. I think I hit 1.2v around 3.7ish GHz. Every time your system freezes/BSODs, figure out what caused it and change that setting.

Here's a guide that ought to help you out. It's for the early bloomfield architectures, but your chip is basically the same thing with a higher multiplier. In any case it will give you a feel for how overclocking works and what everything means.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top