Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
What components do you need? What do you already have?

X58 on 500-600 is going to be pretty tough.... the processor alone takes up over half of your budget.

Edit: Sorry, guess I should've read more carefully. CPU/Mobo/RAM only.

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: Nelson2011

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: Nelson2011

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
snap. accidental double

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson2011
View Post

Well thanks guys +rep to all who helped. Well ill have to see when i can order this stuff since my dad is paying for it

No problem

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
ud3r is a good pick. if you aren't getting your i7 920 from microcenter, then get the Xeon w3520 instead. it will overclock to 4.2 on less than 1.25v. If I could find someone to buy my i7 then i would definitely buy one of those xeons.

how much ram do you need? my mushkin blackline has only 7cas and cost me $88 for all 3 sticks.

But... they deactivated my item? LOL I bought it in September.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -iceblade^
View Post

6GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline - $185

would be my pick.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820226104 lower CAS? same price as the blue sticks.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
My vote is for ASUS P6T. I picked a new one up for 175$ with cashback, but id probably pay in the low 200$s for it. Its a great board, has all the overclocking tools you could possibly need and then some. Its also has a nice layout out as well. If your looking to do tri-fire or did you mean cross fire? This board has 2 16x PCIE slots and CAN do tri-fire but the other PCIE is only 4x. If you did mean tri-fire your board will probably cost you in the 250+ range.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
i think microcenter has i7-920's for $200. save some there and go with a better asus mobo or lower latenncy ram or more of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts