Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, I need some help guys. I just updated my Bios to the latest version (0701 for P6X58D-E) and now my cpu usage is constant 12...even when I am not doing anything at all.. tried backing down to the version before that (0602) totally stock clocks..same issue. this was not happening before. any ideas?

·
Registered
907 Posts
BIOS versions shouldn't affect CPU usage either way. In Taskmgr Process tab, what processes are using CPU?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea im trying that now..will post results incase anyone else runs into this issue

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so after various tests of uninstalling and installing it turns out razer mamba configurator 2.0 is making my CPU idle at 12% usage while 1.07 is fine.

anyone else with a mamba and software version 2.0 can confirm this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with my Mamba and driver 2.0. After installing it my i7 2600k goes ape, the cpu temp goes from 29degrees all the way to 41 degrees (+/- 1600 Ghz at idle to +/- 4500 Ghz).

Definitely driver 2.0 is the cause, after uninstalling things are back to normal...

Would be interesting to know what is going on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same for me but I have an AMD 1090T so it is not just the i7. After going back to 1.07 everything is fine. I am just going to stick with that for now. I have been fighting with this for days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same same problem after upgrading the firmware and installing the new drivers. Did anyone find a fix for this, other than installing the old drivers?

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey, I also get the CPU bug from the razer 2.0 drivers.

However, its only caused by the tray app idling in the tray bar.

So all you have to do, is close the try app and then it doesnt use your CPU anymore. You just open the app from the startmenu if there is any settings you want to change. They are saved onboard to the mouse, so the tray app does not need to be running. Its only for editing the settings/profiles.

·
Registered
364 Posts
2.00 **** here too. Firmware fine, and so is 1.07. 25 % on my Q8200. Rather want to GPU and CPU fold while playing some 1-core game

1 - 15 of 15 Posts