Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like too know if its worth too upgrade now too a i7

Im thinking of buying a i7 for 200 euro and a P6T(the guy buyed it but didnt used it since he buyed another motherboard lol?) 200 euro with sending

82 euro for 6 gb ram so 110 dollars but i dont know which one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...0(3%20x%202GB)

In total i need too pay 120 euro cash for this upgrade if i selle my mobo,proc and ddr2 ram

Is it worth?

The only reason why i think x58 is better is because of sli and cf

Another question if i buy the p6t i cant use new processors coming out in 1-2 years am i right?

·
Registered
521 Posts
What will you do with the computer, game, or edit video/Audio/pictures? The i7's are a great step up from the Core 2 Duos/Quads, don't get me wrong, but i7's and there mobo's are wayyy overpriced right now.

If you edit video etc you will really clearly notice the extra power the i7 has over your current Q9450, in real world applications. But if your just gaming, then keep your 45nm Quad core (If you overclock it, Have you?). Because you probably won't notice much of a difference, in gaming, between the i7's and Core 2 Quads. At least not until the price drops you won't notice, but when it drops I think we all will be clamoring for i7 rigs.

In short no, not worth it for you......yet

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont think my cpu is stable at the moment on 3,6 ghz since i didnt scan with prime95 but just with occt for 2 hours.My ram is **** and i think thats the problem why i cant overclock much

I convert videos and game thats the only things i do but i do many things the same time

120 euro is cheapest what i can get(buying from usa shipping too holland LOL)

i7 cost here 280 euro with shipping
ddr3 6 gb ram 150 euro

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
If you're OCing a Core i7 system, you really want to have DDR3-1600 (or higher) RAM. Otherwise the RAM will limit your OC, since not many boards do the 2:6 ratio very well (or at all).

·
Registered
521 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by weebeast
View Post

I dont think my cpu is stable at the moment on 3,6 ghz since i didnt scan with prime95 but just with occt for 2 hours.My ram is **** and i think thats the problem why i cant overclock much

I convert videos and game thats the only things i do but i do many things the same time

120 euro is cheapest what i can get(buying from usa shipping too holland LOL)

i7 cost here 280 euro with shipping
ddr3 6 gb ram 150 euro

Well if your doing video converting/editing etc then i7 is the way to go defiantly, but if you can hold off a while until the i5's/new i7 revisions come out, I would recommend that. I think you will see a nice i7 price drop when the i5's/i7 revisions come out (I hope).

But if you can't wait till then, then just go for i7 now, it is still way over-priced though IMO.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes i understand that its overpriced but im scared that if i dont sell my things now they wont be much worth in 2-3 months lol

·
Registered
521 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by weebeast View Post
Yes i understand that its overpriced but im scared that if i dont sell my things now they wont be much worth in 2-3 months lol
Good point, but hey man don't let me stop you, if your converting video then you'll love the i7. Yes it and the gear to run it are expensive, but in your case it might be worth the price tag.

Anyway, do what you want. Either way you'll have a pretty kick A$$ setup IMO

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hehe i will see how much i can get for all my things if i dont get much i will stay with my quad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts