Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone recommend a decent top of the line x299 motherboard to go with an i9 7900x that will allow the highest overclocks and the lowest vrm temps, water-cooled? Thanking you in advance

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piospi View Post

Apex or Extreme with monoblock.
x2 these def seem to have the best Overclock and lowest VRM temps. The apex is already out and for sale the Extreme is still lingering somewhere in the dark on release lol

I own the Apex it is a killer board can't ask for more

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of temps are you looking at with your setup Iceman? What rads and blocks do you have/sizes... have you Delided also?

The Apex looks great by the way but the Extreme looks outrageously sexy haha

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bftw View Post

What kind of temps are you looking at with your setup Iceman? What rads and blocks do you have/sizes... have you Delided also?

The Apex looks great by the way but the Extreme looks outrageously sexy haha
Yea for me I loved the looks of the Extreme but found some of the stuff to be a little bit odd for me I use a Caselabs SMA8 so the little screen is no where near easy to read or see. Temps wise man they were be identical to each other if you watch the reviews the VRM are within a few degrees of each other. I am running an EK block with a 480mm Black Ice GTS rad and at [email protected] I was getting temps in the mid 60s. I am going to send it off for delid i think in the next few days, and than I plan to really push the O/C I just kind of set a goal of 4.5 I hit it and stopped lol.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing wrong with [email protected] on that beast of a CPU haha, nice low voltage. Think I will send mine off for de-lidding also, do you know of any decent services in the UK at all? Hoping my slim x2 Alphacool 420mm rads will be up to the job, fingers crossed. What pump are you running?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any idea when the monoblocks are releasing for the Apex or Extreme motherboards

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will just have to keep my fingers, toes and balls crossed for the release of a monoblock for the Apex haha
rolleyes.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts