Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think a higher percentage of over clockers are limited to ambient temp cooling in the form of water cooling or air heat sinks.

This club is for those that don't have access to sub ambient temp cooling like liquid nitrogen or chilled water ect....

Post your 5GHZ+ benchmark accomplishments, stability temp testing results with IVY BRIDGE CPUS.

To get into this club all you have to do is post a CPU-Z screen shot and valid URL of your IVY BRIDGE CPU at 5GHZ+ AND a screen shot of a 10 run pass at standard setting run of Intel Burn Test with HYPER THREADING OFF or ON but make sure you state whether or not your HT is on or off. Also please post a REAL TEMP screen shot of your Temps of your IBT test.

Any voltage tweaks tricks that have helped your reach 5ghz? Is so please share.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmuckley View Post

soon to be known as the "I don't know why but my chip doesn't work anymore" club :
lachen.gif
:
IB has 60x something multiplier. IB is hip and new and there is plenty of over clocking skills and knowledge to be learned about it.

Looking forward to 5GHZ+ IB benchmarks and stability testing results with ambient cooling methods.
smile.gif

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDa5 View Post

IB has 60x something multiplier. IB is hip and new and there is plenty of over clocking skills and knowledge to be learned about it.
Looking forward to 5GHZ+ IB benchmarks and stability testing results with ambient cooling methods.
smile.gif
correct me if im wrong but isnt 5ghz extremely rare at this point? i see a lot of 4.5ghz but anything else temps goes 80c+

im just waiting for my next paycheck (had to pay for classes this month)
and also microcenters 3770k bundle which i hope will be soon.

their motherboard selection is pathetic...and theyre always out of stock..

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolwaters View Post

correct me if im wrong but isnt 5ghz extremely rare at this point? i see a lot of 4.5ghz but anything else temps goes 80c+
I don't think it is that rare but more a matter of proper over clocking. I'm leaning towards over clock ability having alot to do with the quality of the MB over quality of IB cpu. I think speeds will pick up with MB BIOS updates to get the voltage control figured out.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDa5 View Post

I don't think it is that rare but more a matter of proper over clocking. I'm leaning towards over clock ability having alot to do with the quality of the MB over quality of IB cpu. I think speeds will pick up with MB BIOS updates to get the voltage control figured out.
i guess there is some confusion on the BIOS settings. im not even sure what to do.
but i remember sandy bridge was extremely easy. it shouldnt be that far off?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Quote:

im just waiting for my next paycheck (had to pay for classes this month)
and also microcenters 3770k bundle which i hope will be soon.
their motherboard selection is pathetic...and theyre always out of stock..
What's wrong with going over 80C? The chips are fine until >90C.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWill1991 View Post

What's wrong with going over 80C? The chips are fine until >90C.
i generally dont like anything above 70c. because thats pretty hot.

also i water cool and the vinyl tubes are rated around 73c. they get really soft when hot.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Quote:

also i water cool and the vinyl tubes are rated around 73c. they get really soft when hot.
It's not hot for IB. 90C is new 80C. IB produces less heat than SB, but heat transfer is also less than SB. So, the heat builds up instead releasing all the once. Your tubes won't get hot.

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Quote:

FYI, the coolant isn't hitting 70°C+ at those temperatures. It may got up a degree or two but not 50°C.

Now if your pump died and you were loading the CPU then you might cause the tubing to melt or pull apart.

Edit: Arg, beat.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
after a 24hr burn in with my GPU and CPU maxed folding tubes got super soft lol
i was about to switch to the more durable stiffer ones but those are a PITA to work with.

i guess i'll pull the trigger on this later this week (when the motherboard is in stock)
i guess the 3770k isnt worth it for me.

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
24-25C room ambient. spi is minimal, single threaded load for both sp1m and sp32m, so temps arent an issue even at 5.1. Had already run both, multiple times without Real Temp showing, reran just spi1m to show Real temp.

5100, 1.488 vcore, spi1m and 32m. I had to crop out some of 32m pic, otherwise not readable, but mem settings same as 1m.

• Rep+
Reactions: SonDa5

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by opt33 View Post

24-25C room ambient. spi is minimal, single threaded load for both sp1m and sp32m, so temps arent an issue even at 5.1. Had already run both, multiple times without Real Temp showing, reran just spi1m to show Real temp.
5100, 1.488 vcore, spi1m and 32m. I had to crop out some of 32m pic, otherwise not readable, but mem settings same as 1m.
Yikes! 1.488 Vcore? And your temps are only 70C max? What kind of chip do you have? I think the max safe vcore is 1.52V, but couple other people are saying don't go over 1.35V.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Quote:

Nice!

• Rep+
Reactions: opt33

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quote:

What kind of cooling setup are you running?

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
I'm at 4.8ghz in the sig rig. About what my 2500k was at 5.0ghz. So far the longest I stress tested was 40mins on prime blend. Max temp peaked at 91c but I'm still tunning things. Generally was in the mid 80s which I think is the new 70s that sb had. Once I get home maybe I will try 5.0ghz
Currently Max voltage is 1.38 under load.

I want to add my temps benching like superpi is much cooler. 1.48v on prime would hit 105c in no time

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWill1991 View Post

Yikes! 1.488 Vcore? And your temps are only 70C max? What kind of chip do you have? I think the max safe vcore is 1.52V, but couple other people are saying don't go over 1.35V.
SupePi is not prime95, or even wprime. It is one core benchmark and i Cant heat up cpu that much. With SB i was running SPi with 1.6v and 5.6ghz om air with temp lover than his..

4.7 ghz is max 100% stable clocks i can run my 3770k with normal temps. Above is not for 24/7 without water coolin, good water cooling loop..

1 - 20 of 72 Posts