Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my father wants me to help him build a new pc......i looked at the ic-7 and want to know if it has any ide raid (not sata)....i'm using ic7-g and it's great but my dad don't want to spend too much money on his new comp.....btw, he only wants 875 chipset motherboards

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XcoldstarX

my father wants me to help him build a new pc......i looked at the ic-7 and want to know if it has any ide raid (not sata)....i'm using ic7-g and it's great but my dad don't want to spend too much money on his new comp.....btw, he only wants 875 chipset motherboards

the IC7-G specs are located here http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/...ries=1&model=4

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
i have the ic7-g and it does not have ide raid...at least i dont think so lol. a good mobo is either that, if he OC's(probly not) or mayb the asus p4800C or w/e its called(too lazyto look).

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

i have the ic7-g and it does not have ide raid...at least i dont think so lol. a good mobo is either that, if he OC's(probly not) or mayb the asus p4800C or w/e its called(too lazyto look).

The specs state that the IC7-G has SATA RAId, but no IDE RAID.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yes....of corse lol..i dunt know if thats gunna be the best Mobo for your dads comp. u want stability and reliability, and i think u can get a bit more of both with a few other companies, like asus and msi and gigabyte, at least i think so. unless he OC's, that boards not gunna benifit him very much

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
The DFI 875Pro series have IDE RAID. If he's not overclocking, you might even want to consider something a little lower-end that would suit his needs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts